What would you do????

jodielocks

Member +
Ok, i'm looking for a bit of input :confused:

Last year I got an engine from SMR Engines, I had 3 months out of it and its f**ked. I had it taken apart and the recon was a complete bodge job but thats another story - all I will say is never ever ever get anything from them!

I dont have the finances to start again, so I need to get rid but not sure how. :(

Do I break? - The rest of the car is immaculate and it will break my heart to take her apart.

Do I sell? - Would it be difficult to find someone with an engine who wants a car, or would the price i get be massively reduced because of the engine?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated (or if anyone else has been mugged off by SMR or Mr.Engine, let me know)

xxxx

AdDaMan

Member +
it would be massively reduced with no engine.
Either break it if you have some nice parts or hold on untill you can save up for a new lump.

pig666eon

Member +
smr engines allways let go after a short while they are crap :slap: and warranty is usually a waste of time as ull get nothing back been there tryed that :(

very sad to hear i hate been f**ked over especially when there is alot of money involved and no comeback

mark you might be able to help out this damsel in distress?:)

jodielocks

Member +
smr engines allways let go after a short while they are crap :slap: and warranty is usually a waste of time as ull get nothing back been there tryed that :(

Yep, you're right about the warranty, its about as much use as a nun at an orgy.

I would love to wait until I have the funds available to get her back on the road but I need a car now for work etc. Plus it's not good seeing her sitting outside my flat doing nothing :(

glanzanut

Lifer
I wouldn't get an engine from any of these online crowds as they are all crooks.
My mates MRS engine went, so he bought a recon engine of a big parts breakers online with a 6 month warrenty.
Sent the car and new engine to a garage to be fitted, but thankfully before fitting it they took of the rocker cover to have a look and the camshaft lobes were worn to death.
So after a week of phoning them they finally agreed to send another engine.
So the new one arrived and was fitted at cost to my mate. As soon as it was started up it sounded worse than the other engine, wouldn't rev over 4k and overheated.
So I had a quick look and the big end bearings were away, the crank was gone so was the head gasket, and there was no oil pressure.
So obviously by this time my mate was pissed, phoned them up and they refused to send another engine.
He then went to citizens advice and got them on to this crowd.
After 3 weeks of letters, they turned round and said ok all we are prepared to do is for you to bring the car down to England at your own cost and we will fit an engine.
This obviously wasn't acceptable, so my mate started to take it the whole way I.e heading towards court procedings to recover the cost of the engine and mechanics time.
Which now stood around £1500 quid.
Finally after another two months they agrees to pay back the amount.
It then took another month to get the money, he had to phone up every day and they would say the cheque had been sent, but it obviously hadn't.
When it did arrive it wad for 1k but he was so sick by this time he just took it.
So word of warning, watch all these crooks out there guys.

Bridgemond

Member +
Could you not buy something cheap as a run around till you have money for a new engine then sell on the cheap car?? That is annoying about the engine lad.