whats happend so far and whats left to do !

whiteglanzav

Member +
right then i havent been on here in the past few days but i have been messing with the car obviously lol,

last thursday i had the car all built up and ready to go so i took it down to RDT (rdt.tv) as i had met the guy that runs and seen some of his previous projects and was very impressed.

we started off with a pre dyno inspection where we found that there was a big leak from the radiator - this was found using water system pressure testing equipment

so that was the first issue that we had to sort:

after that we made sure all levels were up to scratch and ran it up to temp to make sure the fan was working etc -

the work then began connecting up all the sensors, 2 wide bands, knock sensor, map sensor and the connecting the 2 computers up and eveything like that,

the dyno that was used here was a dynapack hub dyno and as soon as it started whirring and the power was starting to be delivered i could see why they are so much better than regular "rolling roads" it eliminates any kind of wheel spin or owt like that
will mapped it up to 17 psi and it made 206 wheel horsepower which is about 243 bhp which aint bad

so we had a midpoint inspection to make sure all was sound involving the use of a snap on fibreoptic camera, we looked at the pistons and bores to make sure they looked good and they did, then we had a look inside the BOV where we found that the rubber piston seal had blown its self out - so we held the mapping there at that point as we didnt know how much the leak was over stressing the turbo......

so i went back down on friday just gone with a diffrent bov which i borrowed off quadcorecraig the boyo - cheers dude so that sorted me out :)

as we started upping the boost on this occasion we got to around 19/20 psi the fueling form 6500 rpm upwards just ended up way way too lean as if it wasnt fueling at all and it also developd a mis fire around 5550 rpm which is where the max torque and boost curve was, despite this it still peaked power wise at 229.5 wheel hp which is calculated to about 273 bhp - the engine horsepower figure is only calculated and im sure it would get a different read out if it were to be on a rolling road dyno.

anyway because of the above problem which we suspect either to be that the ignition system is too weak to ignite the fuel at that pressure or down to the injectors that could be worn out as there supposed to be 550cc but we dont know for sure so they are gunna be upgraded when i get back from holiday

so its been tuned back down to 17 psi for the time being at 206 wheelhorsepower which feels fast as fook and it drives so smoothly its amazing !!

any way heres a few piks and a dyno vid for you boys hope you like it :)

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0811-1.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0820-1.jpg

IMG_0821-1.jpg

IMG_0834-1.jpg

IMG_0842-2.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

danb87

South East England Area Rep
any figures for it yet dude

oh theres writing up there now, was only pics when i looked earlier lol

my bad

Last edited:

whiteglanzav

Member +
whered you get the wilwoods from dude. and lovely car u got there gd luck with it

cheers matey

That car looks nuts good on yea bud

cheers still gota sort out the body tho

comin along nicely ed.fairplay

cheers man

Good build nice glanza

:)

any figures for it yet dude

yer man i had a graph the other day on here 206 whp