Wheel spin help

Hello I've got a td04 glanza 250bhp and everytime the turbo kicks in it starts to spin. Even in 3rd and 4th. I thought it could be tyres so I bought new ones and it still does it. Is there anything I can buy or do. Thanks.

Texx

Super Moderator
The simple answer to that is, learn to drive it!

It's a light FWD car with a significant amount of power, when the roads are wet traction will always be an issue.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
even in 4th? I have about 500hp and i dont spin at all in 4th gear!

Get yourself a good harsh LSD, does wonders. Saying that you shouldnt even be spinning in 3rd with 250BHP.. Thats odd.

akyakapotter

Member +
ive just gone td04 and i find its better on traction now then when i had it on ct9 lsd will help but not having a led foot will help even more

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I believe taking oil out the gearbox will make the diff lock more.. Mine is pretty loud and locks aggressively. You shouldn't be spinning on full throttle on td04 in 3rd gear at 250hp with half decent tires. I'm telling you that now. Thats very odd.

Murray

Member +
Sure its not the clutch slipping?

What suspension setup, alignment, diff, pressure in the tyres?

Murray

I agree with murray, sounds like a slippy clutch, I thought i had the same symtoms when I first bought my glanza, then going up the motorway in 5th I put the foot right down and the revs shot up rather fast but the car barely moved, I thought no way the wheels are spinning at this pace, then I relised my clutch was slipping.

So try tge above and see if u still think the wheels are spinning, its ur clutch

Or another way to test clutch, put car in 5th, pull handbrake up and try drive off very slowly,

Good luck

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
even in 4th? I have about 500hp and i dont spin at all in 4th gear!

Get yourself a good harsh LSD, does wonders. Saying that you shouldnt even be spinning in 3rd with 250BHP.. Thats odd.

x2

In second I can put down 280-300hp with no wheelspin on R1R tyres.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
x2

In second I can put down 280-300hp with no wheelspin on R1R tyres.

Same here mate, on low boost around 10PSI, i assume is around 280bhp ish as well as its even with a friends 400BHP+ evo 9, i can pretty much put all the power down in 2nd gear, 3rd gear wont even break a sweat.

Its really odd... I reckon its his clutch to be honest.

sam_glanz

Member +
2days ago you were asking me about a manifold for a ct9 because yours has cracked and you don't have the money for a new one, and now your running a td04 and had it mapped in that short space of time, strange, I ran a tdo4 @ 250bhp 2nd spun 3rd nope 4th not a chance, even with 300+ 5e I can hold 3rd Down

turboloon

Member +
2days ago you were asking me about a manifold for a ct9 because yours has cracked and you don't have the money for a new one, and now your running a td04 and had it mapped in that short space of time, strange, I ran a tdo4 @ 250bhp 2nd spun 3rd nope 4th not a chance, even with 300+ 5e I can hold 3rd Down

^^^^...lol...

weeJohn

Lifer

Thats interesting, fastest tune up in the west(on) there.

Hope its not a negative rep session for spoofing it up lol.