when swapping to mahoosive turbos do people

string gt

Member +
unbolt mai, downpipe, oil n water lines n pull whole assembly out. fit new assembly together n drop it in? or one part at a time like mani, then turbo, then downpipe. any view would be ace. cheers

everyones different but everytime i've worked on these cars i jsut drop the whole turbo/manifold/lines off in one go its easier to then seperate it on the bench

just my way

Tim :)

string gt

Member +
cheers mate. i've laways seperated on the bench n unit out in one but weren't sure if everyone else did it too.

lleey2k4

Member +
When i took out my CT9 hybrid setup i just took the whole lot out in 1. Fitting the top mounted TD04 kit you have to fit the mani then turbo then downpipe as you cant get to a few of the mani bolts.

Fro

Member +
When i took out my CT9 hybrid setup i just took the whole lot out in 1. Fitting the top mounted TD04 kit you have to fit the mani then turbo then downpipe as you cant get to a few of the mani bolts.

x2, would depend on how easy its going to be to get access to things like manifold nuts if it was all put in bolted together

durmz

Member +
By removing bumper radiator and moving power steering up and over out the way youve plenty of clearence to drop it all at once

weeJohn

Lifer
I bolt and tighten everything to the turbo that needs to be on it on the bench, but I leave the turbo to mani and mani to downpipe bolts just a little slack to allow some movement. When I fit it to the car I fit the head to mani bolts finger tight, if the downpipe is braced, put that bolt in first and tighten it up, then tighten the downpipe to turbo bolts, then the mani to turbo bolts then finally the mani to head bolts last.

That way it means I know the brace is doing the job of supporting the stuff above it, and not stressing them by pulling them in a direction they are not lined up to be pulled in. If you tighten all those other bolts up on the bench there is no guarantee the brace bolt will line up.

Once the turbo is on I fit the oil and water lines at the opposite ends of the turbo, the exhaust, air filter and fill up the coolant and she is ready to start lol.

Last edited:

Vincent-ep91

Member +
first thing i do is remove my varis bumper so it wont get scratched of anything,
and the crash bar is great for leaning on lol