where to get longer wheel studs and spacers to go behind discs??

sx_turbo

Lifer
as title really,

i'm thinking of doing a celica st165 caliper conversion, and i gonna be using the corolla discs 25mm thick, but i need 6mm spacers each side and longer studs.

i know i need m12x1.5mm studs

also do you think i will need to get wider fenders cos of the spaced out wheels?

Last edited:

weeJohn

Lifer
Why are you using those discs and such a big spacer?

The Celica discs only need a 3mm spacer, and I picked up new, good quality discs and pads for under £50.

The discs are 5 stud but its really easy to drill the necessary holes in them, and despite what people tell you about weakening them, they have not been a problem on my car for 2 years and our track car for a year either. There are multi stud discs for sale on the market, its not like removing 4 x 12mm of material, from the part of the discs that uses about 250 times that area, will make a difference to the clamping pressure of the disc to the hub. And if its made to support the braking area and structural why is it only about 5mm thick, surely if it was so structurally important it would be about 15mm or thicker????

Ted@CCM had spacers sets made up in 3mm and was selling them very cheaply, and you dont need longer studs with them either.

Just my 2 pence from my long term experience with this mod under 2 different conditions, up to you at the end of the day.

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
from the information i got on disc measurements at work, the centre bore of the celica discs is 54mm.

also there not 4 stud so require drilling, and the centre bore will also need machining every time i go to change discs.

with this i do 1 lot of work once and everytime there after i just replace pads and discs like normal :)

just my opinion, i do take note of what your saying though john, i trust your expertise your one of the few people on here worth listening to.