Where's the best place to buy a air-water intercooler

fastglanza

Member +
hope this is the right section..As the title says, where cud i get the best one online? I know Dave from braidedlines.com used to sell a kit, does he still sell em?

Also whats needed for everything as I see some places just selling the "core box" and says pumps etc sold separate

ChrisGT

Member +
You could adapt the chargecooler off of a GT4 ST205 mate. They come up on eBay quite a bit but can be expensive. My brother sold his core, rad and pump for over £300! But you might be able to get a bargain. Be a hassle to make fit though I'd imagine!

dac69er

Super Moderator
You could adapt the chargecooler off of a GT4 ST205 mate. They come up on eBay quite a bit but can be expensive. My brother sold his core, rad and pump for over £300! But you might be able to get a bargain. Be a hassle to make fit though I'd imagine!

if the water to air heat exhanger core fits where the tmic usually sits then should be reasonably easy. there is just an electric circulation pump and the rad up the front, but you could use any rad you wanted up the front.
there is also low level sensors and stuff like that but depends how far you wanted to go!?

ChrisGT

Member +
if the water to air heat exhanger core fits where the tmic usually sits then should be reasonably easy. there is just an electric circulation pump and the rad up the front, but you could use any rad you wanted up the front.
there is also low level sensors and stuff like that but depends how far you wanted to go!?

There is indeed a water level sensor and a pump failure sensor, but both can easily be bridged with a resistor (did it on my brothers Celica). The core itself might actually fit quite well where the standard TMIC sits and ofcourse you can find a suitable rad to make fit infront of the normal rad. The pump itself is quite heavy/big but again, I'm sure you could find some room! I'm not saying its impossible, but its a bit of work and you might as well get a FMIC :p

Anyhoo, heres a pic of a complete charge cooler system off a ST205:

100_1382.jpg

100_1383.jpg

100_1384.jpg

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
check here for some pics, it might help. i doubt they will make one for you though, i pestered them for ages to make me a td04 mani and they just wernt bothered.