### will a gt loom fit into a glanza shell ? ###

cole

Member +
as above will a gt wiring loom fit into a ep91 shell if your using a gt engine

as ive read the sensors are diffrent on the ep91 engine so im thinking of putting a gt loom into the ep91 shell

id use a gt ecu so this would not matter about the ecu being diffrent ?

will this work

and what are the diffrences inside like for the heater controlls ?

the dials etc basicallly everything

would they be easy enough to modify so that all the dials etc just plug in ( if i were to cut the glanza ones off and wire them onto the ep82 loom

thanks rep will be given

RobSR

Member +
similar to what im trying to find out re different engines / loom. it seems the best way is to keep it the same ie 91 engine and 91 looms! the 82engine and loom will work with the engine but im not sure on an 82 loom with 91 heater controls dials etc :)

Ted

Member +
yea thats do-able. gt engine with gt loom. you would need the entire gt loom tho, right back to the ecu. weejohn could tell you exactly whats needed.

cole

Member +
yea thats do-able. gt engine with gt loom. you would need the entire gt loom tho, right back to the ecu. weejohn could tell you exactly whats needed.

i pm'd him but he didnt want to help me

thats why ive put a thread up

Aidan-G

Member +
why dont you use a 91 engine?

and even so...theres f'all sensors to change even if you were using an 82 engine in a 91!

cole

Member +
why dont you use a 91 engine?

and even so...theres f'all sensors to change even if you were using an 82 engine in a 91!

because ive already baught the ep82 engine

and ive got to change the loom anyway as its going into a ep95 shell ( 4wd glanza shape shell )

and i can get a good ecu for the ep82 which is plug and play so would make sence to put a gt loom in if it is possible

Aidan-G

Member +
yeah it should be possable..

make sure you get ALL the loom from an 82..i have tried to put a different engine side loom into my car but it wouldnt work with the rest of the cars loom..a good auto electrican could of sorted it but then id have to tow it away,it wasnt worth the hassle

Jay

Admin
Your main issue using a 'plug-n-play' approach is that none of the EP82 dash loom plugs will 'plug-n-play' with the EP9# dash components. Everything down to your heated rear window switch will be a hurdle.

Use Glanza V looms and ECU. Swap whatever bits you need from a Glanza V 4EFTE to make the loom work.

cole

Member +
Your main issue using a 'plug-n-play' approach is that none of the EP82 dash loom plugs will 'plug-n-play' with the EP9# dash components. Everything down to your heated rear window switch will be a hurdle.

Use Glanza V looms and ECU. Swap whatever bits you need from a Glanza V 4EFTE to make the loom work.

i no but what if i was to like cut the plugs off the glanza loom

cut the plugs off the gt loom then put the glanza ones onto it

would that not work

or am i just better sticking with the glanza loom

Jay

Admin
Better just sticking with the Glanza loom. Or paying someone to splice what you need into the EP95 loom. That way everything works as it did from factory without guesswork.

cole

Member +
Better just sticking with the Glanza loom. Or paying someone to splice what you need into the EP95 loom. That way everything works as it did from factory without guesswork.

right okay

thanks jay any 1 else have any input ?

Ted

Member +
its tricky enough mate without making extra work for yourself. your autospark or whoever you use will charge you more to make an 82 loom work. its not just a matter of cutting off the glanza dash loom plugs, then putting the gt ones on. they are wired differently and some plugs are different( ie 4pin instead of 2).

cole

Member +
its tricky enough mate without making extra work for yourself. your autospark or whoever you use will charge you more to make an 82 loom work. its not just a matter of cutting off the glanza dash loom plugs, then putting the gt ones on. they are wired differently and some plugs are different( ie 4pin instead of 2).

ah okay i think il just stick to the ep91 loom then