wot is the best manifold

ray0098

Member +
hi just wondering how much a decent manifold would cost prob concider second hand one next month or so as i need one soon

ray0098

Member +
tbh im a bit lost i brought mk2 starlet a week ago it has a hairline crack in the manifold u can barely feel any air coming out of it but is still running at 10-12 psi wot the gauge says is that more than standard or not car looks standard tmic ect im going to look for a fuel cut device tomoz i think

WallaceGlanza

Member +
tbh im a bit lost i brought mk2 starlet a week ago it has a hairline crack in the manifold u can barely feel any air coming out of it but is still running at 10-12 psi wot the gauge says is that more than standard or not car looks standard tmic ect im going to look for a fuel cut device tomoz i think

If you're new to these cars which it certainly seems, then do a bit of research on here before doing too many mods. For instance you don't want to just whack on an FCD without having some fuelling mods in place first as you can easily damage the engine.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
WEPR CT9 mild steel replacement manifold i would say would suit you mate.

Direct replacement. Thick 3.5mm wall thickness (bulletproof) no restrictions & is a fooking good price. Jump on Sacha's group buy or drop him a PM about it.

Also if you wanna spend a bit more, Zisco do a good range. CHeck out their MEGA MANIFOLD thread in their traders section.

Hope this helps mate :)

durmz

Member +
i dont know about aftermarket manis, but just as my opinion, not from my experience i will add, the idea of a ported mani just doesnt work in my mind. the standard manis are allways letting go and blowing, ive cracked two, once u take metal out of one surely ure just making it weaker, i dont know but its not something ide do, but as said, no experience with one,

akis

Fresh Recruit
I know it`s very hard to find one but as a user of a Jam one i am very pleased , bulletproof

ray0098

Member +
no i dont want to mod it yet but if im going to take the standered cracked mani off then i might aswell just a better one on as i dont want to be changing manifolds every 2 mins cuz there cracking

Shorty

Member +
i think they are refering more to the buying of the fcd mate, as just banging on an uprated mani and fcd then upping boost = smiles for a day or so the BANG one fucked engine :)