zetec s vrs my starlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavgts

Member +
hey guys hope u had a fab christmas

my question is how do you think my mates zetec s stands against my starlet were both standard its just we havin an arguement over and need it settled

:gt-logo

gavgts

Member +
well thats exactly what i thought but he is adament tht he wont i would race him but he lives a little while away so cant wait to see him nxt and show him

Nwimie

Member +
you wont smoke him by a long way atal.

he will be with you untill about 60 mph and you will pull on him!
people underestimate the ztec s

Dan3SGTE

Member +

Im going to disagree with you sooooo much here its untrue, sorry mate....

The Zetc S is was slightly slower then my old saxo VTR all the way through and my old saxo got blown to 60mph when my mate had my stock starlet....

Zetec S would get eaten, even to 60mph......

We are talking about a fiesta Zetec S 1.6 16V (110BHP) or something...... right?

tom_hunt

Member +

Very true! My mate has got one thats got just an induction kit on and my Glanza at the time had an HKS Air Filter and Exhuast and he was infront of my n when I went to over take he was still slightly pulling away!
Nippy little car if you ask me. I no a lad whos got one with a 1.7/1.8?? Ford Puma engine in it and my god it dont stick around

Tom

Dan3SGTE

Member +
IT has 102bhp and a power to weight ratio of "106BHP" per tonne compared to the glanza which has over "140bhp" per tonne!

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS ON ABOUT!!!?

Nwimie

Member +
well im only saying all this cos i have a best mate with a ztec s and i cruise with him all the time trust me ive had many burn offs with him.

Craig

Lifer
I'm with Dan here... I've smoked a Fiesta ST before with mine standard... Zetec S wouldn't stand a chance really... lol

Texx

Super Moderator
Zetec S fiesta would have no chance against a Starlet GT from a standing start.
My old 4AGE Corolla GTi had more legs than one of those Festers, easy meal for 4EFTE.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
A VTR has 110bhp per tonne also more then a zetec S...... so not sure how your mates smoked em....

and your either not driving your car properly OR your car isnt running even stock power as my stock starlet used to shift properly keeping with civic type R's, bmw 330i's, 200sx etc etc, to a good 90MPH at least..... i know mine was running right and would never compare it to a silly zetec S.... lol

tom_hunt

Member +
A VTR has 110bhp per tonne also more then a zetec S...... so not sure how your mates smoked em....

and your either not driving your car properly OR your car isnt running even stock power as my stock starlet used to shift properly keeping with civic type R's, bmw 330i's, 200sx etc etc, to a good 90MPH at least..... i know mine was running right and would never compare it to a silly zetec S.... lol

Not comparing it to anything are we? Just saying what we have seen as you are. Like you said maybe the cars wernt runing properly. I never said he beat me I was just saying that it wernt that easy to overtake. But I have seen alot of Zetecs S's with some poke in um.

Texx

Super Moderator
My car is as good as standard and it'll keep with a stock EP3 Civic R till about 100-110mph.
The gearbox takes a bit of abuse in that sort of situation tho.

totally disagree,my VTr used to hammer zetec S's.they are shit when it comes to performance

0-60 is around 9 seconds on them
not a chance against a starlet

Texx

Super Moderator
I hate to admit it, but I did own a Saxo VTR for about 3 weeks once, couldnt cope any longer than that.

Had a GMC motorsport manifold, no cat with straight through exhaust and a cold air intake.
Would top out at 90 (struggling to get there), the brakes were dangerous (rear would overtake the front) and in general a horrible horrible car.
The only good thing was fuel economy.

Just my opinion from my experience.

tom_hunt

Member +
I hate to admit it, but I did own a Saxo VTR for about 3 weeks once, couldnt cope any longer than that.

Had a GMC motorsport manifold, no cat with straight through exhaust and a cold air intake.
Would top out at 90 (struggling to get there), the brakes were dangerous (rear would overtake the front) and in general a horrible horrible car.
The only good thing was fuel economy.

Just my opinion from my experience.

Ha a lad near me has got a Saxo with same sort of mods on and he claims his does 140mhp in 4th gear!!! No wonder he has gone through 3/4 gear boxs in the space of 5 months lol!!

CMR

Member +
First post here, but having a big laugh at this thread!

First, a standard VTR will lose to a standard mk5 ZS only slightly though, still its all down to the driver with them being that close performance wise.

Zetec S vs a starlet GT? You having a fecking laugh? they stand NO chance what-so-ever.. this is coming from a current owner of one.

They might be 'nippy' as a second car maybe, but they would get left in the dust vs a GT.

Oh and just to clarify, the 0-60 is around 9 seconds, and ford did unde-rate them at 102bhp, 80% of them are RR'ed at nearer 110-115.. still dont have a chance v a starlet!

My firsts posts on forums are never usually rants :p ... So I guess I should add Hi to it!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Not comparing it to anything are we? Just saying what we have seen as you are. Like you said maybe the cars wernt runing properly. I never said he beat me I was just saying that it wernt that easy to overtake. But I have seen alot of Zetecs S's with some poke in um.

i wasnt taking the piss there mate ;)

i was only saying too, this thread just made me laugh thats all..... as in some sort of a way the Zetec S is being compared and i know exactly how they perform..... they are no where near the power as a starlet when it comes down to it providing your driving your car to its full potential.....

the zetec S are shit in performance, they handle fairly well but straight line are cack...... never had a problem showing any of those Zetec S VTR/VTS/106GTI a beaten..... even though some on here beg to differ... i know what a stock starlet can do..

ragged mine about for a solid year in stock form and i had some very good goes....

Status
Not open for further replies.