3rd gear tops ??

FeNder

Member +
heya everyone ,
what top speed does everyone reach in 3rd , 1 bar of boost , @ 6500rpm , all sorts of setups ?
totally stock was around 135kmh yes ?

nexia201

Member +
I get 180kph on stock 14-inch wheels.

on 3rd gear? i dont think it can go over 160kms i can see 180kms on 4th gear and that is nearly topping it off ! (do i have a too short 4th gear?) well could be that my speedo stop reading at that and dont go up any more !
How much do you guys see on 5th @ 6,000 rpm? cos as i said my speedo get stuck on 180kms ?

Fatman

Member +
What has boost level got to do with the top speed in a particular gear? Real speed will largely depend on rolling circumference of your rubber on the road. Rev limit on a C52 with 195/50/15's will be somewhere around 150km/h

GTWorld

Member +
on 3rd gear? i dont think it can go over 160kms i can see 180kms on 4th gear and that is nearly topping it off ! (do i have a too short 4th gear?) well could be that my speedo stop reading at that and dont go up any more !
How much do you guys see on 5th @ 6,000 rpm? cos as i said my speedo get stuck on 180kms ?

I hit 140Mph on my GT in 5th gear 6k revs:p

nexia201

Member +
What has boost level got to do with the top speed in a particular gear? Real speed will largely depend on rolling circumference of your rubber on the road. Rev limit on a C52 with 195/50/15's will be somewhere around 150km/h

Thats exactly my wheel size mate R888 195/50/15 and exactly that is what i see 150kms so with 14's i would expext even less

jam

Member +
mine 160Km/h 7000 rev IHI subaru turbo running .7bar . I have tong GT spec Turbo same 160 Km/h on 3rd 1bar boost. Depends on manifold mate. equal length will give you more power and fast REV.

Monkfish

Member +
I forget what The Bitch will do in 3rd. I was braking from around 90-100mph at the back straight at Llandow going into the chicane. I was already in 4th though having changed at around 6.5k rpm.

6,800rpm in 5th is 150mph indicated.

FeNder

Member +
i think different power setups/boost will see you different speeds on each gear , not just wheel size , someone correct me if im wrong ,
like jam , ihi turbo + 7k rpm limit = 100mph ++ in 3rd :)

glanzanut

Lifer
im maybe wrong but should the gear ratios on the 4efte box not be exactly the same. and so what power your running should make no dfference to the speed you can achieve in 3rd? surely the only thing which could make a few mph difference is wheel size. but even then as you up rim size you lower tyre profile so the difference should only be slight?:freddy: