advantages of the 5e over the 4e?

monka

Member +
whats the advantages of using a 5e block over a 4e?

if you forged a 4e, and then forged a 5e, what would you see more power on?

plan just ran through my head of a hybrid ct9 on a 5e, but dono,

TurboDave

Member +
I cant see it it isnt going to be noticeable anyway just the increased CC's, but with 75mm pistons on a 4E you can get near to 1400cc.

Gee

Member +
I believe the 5E rods are longer so don't have as much rotation (stroke?) as 4E rods, therefore are not as revy.

You will get more torque/power due to the displacement and earlier spool on larger turbo amongst other benefits :p

Adam_Glanza

Member +
what you lack in revs you gain in torque and hp benefits, which easily outway a few more revs imo.

bang on a td05 on a 5e and youve got an easy 350hp

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
I think the 5e has a 20mm longer stroke than the 4e, and it is recommended that a piston has a maximum speed of 2000ft per minute or something similar to that so using that theory the it should have a lower rev limiter but it does give more torque and will spool a bigger turbo quicker than the 4e.

whats the advantages of using a 5e block over a 4e?

if you forged a 4e, and then forged a 5e, what would you see more power on?

plan just ran through my head of a hybrid ct9 on a 5e, but dono,

advantages are---- basically everything...drive in a 5e and u will understand

both being forged with same set up....the 5e will produce more power due to its increased displacement

a hybrid ct9 on a 5e is a waste of time imo....minimum would ba a tdo4/gt25 type turbo

the oem 4efte can probably be revved higher than an "oem built/spec" 5efte.....but when u forge up,,,,then this is really negliable....and i know all that theory behind the max rev speed for the rod/piston......BUT reality and theory dont always agree.........all i can say is that seeing is believing----if we only followed theory, a lot of things would not have happened in the world.........just remember to keep theory in mind when doing stuff, but dont let it be an obstacle----again, this is ALL within REASONABLE circumstances

please try not to take theory/reality out of context

Last edited:
advantages are---- basically everything...drive in a 5e and u will understand

both being forged with same set up....the 5e will produce more power due to its increased displacement

a hybrid ct9 on a 5e is a waste of time imo....minimum would ba a tdo4/gt25 type turbo

the oem 4efte can probably be revved higher than an "oem built/spec" 5efte.....but when u forge up,,,,then this is really negliable....and i know all that theory behind the max rev speed for the rod/piston......BUT reality and theory dont always agree.........all i can say is that seeing is believing----if we only followed theory, a lot of things would not have happened in the world.........just remember to keep theory in mind when doing stuff, but dont let it be an obstacle----again, this is ALL within REASONABLE circumstances

please try not to take theory/reality out of context

Someone is giving out some awful advice then with the results on 5E's I have seen lately..............................

Someone is giving out some awful advice then with the results on 5E's I have seen lately..............................

explain dave......i am most interested:)........let's see what we can get into here:p:p

and bring your facts book to the party......cause i have my facts at hand....lol

i can also add....that the 5e and 4e have different "characters"....for lack of a better word

They are just not making the power they should, i know of 3 or 4 that are not living up to expectaions. None built by us BTW ;)

My 4E is making 320 @1.6 bar and will make more on 2 bar and then there's always the nitrous to take it well over 400bhp ;)

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Sorry I posted as Ads.

Sam stop nit picking you know what I meant :p engines are just air pumps, the more air you can get in and efficiently expel the faster it goes simple. 1500cc is larger displacemnt, that equals more air is that laymen enough? :eek:

Obviously you can use a turbo but if you know what you are doing you will get better results with a 1.5 with a turbo than a 1.3 turbo. With a small HP output it won't be a huge huge difference but if you know what you are doing then the extra CC enables huge potential with the right application.

Like anything a lot of variables and depends what you want from the car. Sam we should make a comedy section for days like today you are on form!!

T

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Who's actually running a 5e here? BHP is pub talk and dynos vary massively so you can't really compare figures. Like anything it depends what you want, you can achieve an excellent setup from both, engine both are good in different ways, let's face it the only thing really changed is the bottom end.

We are not talking 1000cc difference only 200cc but it can help with the right application. I can see this thread being "one of those" that goes on for endless pages but at the end of the day depends what you want.

Dave's car for example is a drag car, it doesn't need to be responsive around a track so for him there may be no need. We are building a car that will be used in a variety of events so 5e we best for us. Swings in round abouts really! :)

T

They are just not making the power they should, i know of 3 or 4 that are not living up to expectaions. None built by us BTW ;)

My 4E is making 320 @1.6 bar and will make more on 2 bar and then there's always the nitrous to take it well over 400bhp ;)

@ dave---"not built by us" he declares early...:p:p
yeah i have seen some on here that are not making tremendous power figures....but then everyone builds differently to suit their purposes.....so that kind of makes it hard to compare......i also know of quite a few 5e which are making 300whp and in excess

the most hp ep82 was a 5e engine......what was it......430/460ps or something like that......big numbers,,,,but would i want to drive it everyday given my driving style....no

and yes dave...your 4e makes 320 (is that whp or bhp??)...but if u put that same exact set -up on a 5e.....do u think it would make less/same/or more power??

and i know u all guys love you NOS....lol-----over here we call it "drugs"...:p

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Yeah who's building these dodgy 5e's lol? We've only built three including ours thus far and the other two haven't been mapped or fitted back in the car yet so he's not implying us but can't think whoelse rebuilds them? engines are done and returned but they haven't fitted them yet. Done 20 + 4e forged rebuilds for the lads on the forum but they are all going really well.

If you have a crappy performing 5e please post. Maybe people are expecting miracles from the 5e who knows, as I said depends what you want :);)

T

I'm not saying they wont as they should but the ones I have heard of are not, go figure

so what do u think the problem really is dave...as over here in the caribbean we get very good results from our builds (usually using less expensive parts)....in the US/california, they get good results too......in australia, they get good results too......in ireland, good results too........in malta, good results too

now we take a look at some of the builds on here......we get a few good results, some average results and some below par results.........WHY is that.....some people have spent endless $$$ in getting all the "right" parts,,,but the results dont always show it..........WHY?

what is really the problem??--------tuners??

dave, toby, dantheman, etc have gotten good resutls for thier efforts........while some have not...........interesting aint it:)

that should spark some conversation:p