Anyone running speedvision injectors?

Kelly

Member +
As above is anyone running speedvision 550cc injectors? If so anyone having any problems with normal driving do you find its quite jerky on and off the throttle? Also finding the AFR's go drastically lean and then rich off boost.

Has anyone had problems with the different spray pattern on these injectors compared to standard?

sx_turbo

Lifer
surely thats down to the tuner not the injectors them selves?

could try putting some injector cleaner in the tank,

TurboDave

Member +
surely thats down to the tuner not the injectors them selves?

could try putting some injector cleaner in the tank,

It doesnt matter how you map the car if the spray pattern is different to the standard pattern, you would be pissing into the wind at face height.

Kelly

Member +
It doesnt matter how you map the car if the spray pattern is different to the standard pattern, you would be pissing into the wind at face height.

Cheers Dave thats what i was wondering. Is it all due to the spray pattern on these 'uprated injectors'.

TurboDave

Member +
but surely the tune should compensate for this different spray pattern

Do you think that by changing the duty cycle you can change the angle at which the fuel leaves the injectors?

I would try some injector cleaner in your tank Kelly and check the tps. If you have no joy then maybe re-fit your old injectors to see if the problem goes away.

:)

Kelly

Member +
Do you think that by changing the duty cycle you can change the angle at which the fuel leaves the injectors?

I would try some injector cleaner in your tank Kelly and check the tps. If you have no joy then maybe re-fit your old injectors to see if the problem goes away.

Its not for my car its for a friend :)

On the emanage you can change what size injectors you have but obviously like Dave said cant change anything about the spray pattern. The old injectors didnt do this but they was standard ones.

steveep82

Member +
I use rx7 injectors too, and dont have this problem, there is a step in the throttle, if you re off the throttle completely and then press it slightly it will jerk slightly, i know exactly why that is on my car and its down to the size of the injectors and the map.

sx_turbo

Lifer

i cant see how the angle at which the fuel leaves the injectors makes a difference.

Gee

Member +
Hmm..I have 550cc injectors from Speedvision and after it was mapped it jumped like a bitch!

Took it back to the tuner and he sorted it out. I do get a little jerk now when in first gear and rolling, down a hill for example to come to a stop, but nothing major. It could be something in the tune thou.

Where in the rev range and what gears is he getting it?

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Never skimp on injectors, surely after the head gasket problems you are going to spend the money first thing round?? Not being rude at all Kelly just don't cut corners, if money is tight be patient :) Spray patterns are very important don't just buy a set of injectors because they "fit" could be the last thing you do..

T

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
Never skimp on injectors, surely after the head gasket problems you are going to spend the money first thing round?? Not being rude at all Kelly just don't cut corners, if money is tight be patient :) Spray patterns are very important don't just buy a set of injectors because they "fit" could be the last thing you do..

T

exactly, weve been advised by many local tuners that fd injectors are a big nono on internal combustion engines.. best go for sard 550cc's

which i dont get as ur using a k24 so technically 330cc's would be sufficient at 3.2bar fuel pressure...

then again u brits & ur tuners tend to go for over safe af's... so that explains all the need of all the access fuel...

Gryzor

Admin
Would I be wasting my time getting 330 injectors for a standard setup with upgrade fuel pump etc. ?

I hope to go ct9 hybrid in the future....