battery relocation: leftie or rightie?

dark_knight

Member +
just some food for thought: i recently relocated my battery to the trunk and had heard a bit about the best side to locate it to for the best weight distribution. now, i'm not particularly obsessed with having a perfect 50/50-weighted car so i put my battery on the left side of my trunk for two main reasons:
a) i needed easy access to my jack stored on the inner right panel
b) i'm usually driving solo so i figured why not counter my weight (right-hand drive) with the batt

so.. which side is your battery located on..? and why..? :)

locktite

Fresh Recruit
I had mine on the left, but the scrutineer at the track said i needed a battery box and it wouldn't fit there so i have it in the middle where my spare tire used to be.

danb87

South East England Area Rep
ive done mine on the passenger side also mate.

steve go ontoo demon tweeks, they have a load of gear on there that will help you.

cable for positive, eathing cables, terminals connectors etc.

Jay

Admin
Had mine on the driver side as there was more floor to bolt to. Didn't notice much difference with relation to left>right, noticed the front>rear difference more though.

Used a WEPR relocation kit :

229314_211883055509137_100000623320512_688032_4296802_n.jpg

Jay

danb87

Thanks for that San,easy to do?

easy enough dude, where ive stripped all carpet an deadenin out also, i had some wires petrol flap wire etc so its all hidden now through the body work. gotta do drivers side yet tho .

but with battery cable theres a hole about 1 inch big on passenger side footwell, near where the cables go through door. you can feed it through there an it comes out in the rear arch. all hidden in the door seal. nce an tidy

Paul_JJ

Member +
What are the benefits of having a battery in the boot???

I understand that you will get some 10 kg+ to the boot of the engine bay, but you will add a ton of the wires going off the boot to the engine bay no???

OR is it more like a fashion thing???

Mark-ep91

Member +
what do ye do with all the room left in the engine bay without the battery?
Can you just use the red power cable for an amp as the power cable?as i have one running from the battery to the boot already?

danb87

What are the benefits of having a battery in the boot???

I understand that you will get some 10 kg+ to the boot of the engine bay, but you will add a ton of the wires going off the boot to the engine bay no???

OR is it more like a fashion thing???

the only gain is more space under the bonnet. , so you have too run a cable through the car, i cant even see mine. an i have more speace under the hood too get at things.

an it looks alot cooler in the boot :)

danb87

what do ye do with all the room left in the engine bay without the battery?
Can you just use the red power cable for an amp as the power cable?as i have one running from the battery to the boot already?

people do... but i wouldn. i was told its gotta be a nice thick cable, aslong as it holds the amps. 115 i think minimum.

wel where the battery is alows space for things like my toad alarm unit, catch can. etc. an it makes the bay look neater

Mark-ep91

Member +
people do... but i wouldn. i was told its gotta be a nice thick cable, aslong as it holds the amps. 115 i think minimum.

wel where the battery is alows space for things like my toad alarm unit, catch can. etc. an it makes the bay look neater

cool i might have alook a the amp wire 2moro and see if theres a rating on it or something seems pretty thick:) ur battery looks mint in the boot any pics of ur bay so i get an idea how to fill it :)

danb87

cool i might have alook a the amp wire 2moro and see if theres a rating on it or something seems pretty thick:) ur battery looks mint in the boot any pics of ur bay so i get an idea how to fill it :)

ill try an get some tomoz dude, bare in mind ive gota do some tidying yet lol. only did the battery sunday just gone lol