cluch problem

gedis

Member +
does anyone know of any upgrade for master cylinder as i'm having serious problems with my cluch being at very botom of the pedal

speedvision

Member +
does anyone know of any upgrade for master cylinder as i'm having serious problems with my cluch being at very botom of the pedal

there is an adjustment screw at the bottom of the clutch pedal which will bring up the biting point of the clutch

sam

gedis

Member +
yes about 20 times, whent trhu 3 presure plates, 3 disc's, 2 flywheels changed master cylinder, slave cylinder adjusted pedal all the way out, ended up using os giken twin plate cluch and its still the same :confused:

speedvision

Member +
yes about 20 times, whent trhu 3 presure plates, 3 disc's, 2 flywheels changed master cylinder, slave cylinder adjusted pedal all the way out, ended up using os giken twin plate cluch and its still the same :confused:

change ur gearbox and all the lines running to and from slave and mater cylinder

sam

gedis

Member +
change ur gearbox and all the lines running to and from slave and mater cylinder

sam

how would the gearbox be a problem? changed the gearbox anyway still the same, even used some washers(2) on the leg that moves, to bring release bearing closer to presure plate, also measured amount that slave cylinder moves on my gf glanza and mine and its exact same(about 20mm) only thing i never changed is the lines

gedis

Member +
lads, i still have a same problem, this time got braided line made up from slave cylinder to the master one, tryed freshly rebuit gearbox by toyota them selfs, new diff bearings, new box casing, os giken twin plate cluch and its still the same, also took of the sump to see maybe crank is geting pushed in along with flywheel and cluch asembly but its fine, once you push in the cluch pedal and hold it down in the gear the car starts judering like only one side of the cluch disc is caching flywheel, some times is just no cluch all together, also car eat two brand new cluch discs and the ratle began on the os. giken twin plate cluch after 5 mins after puting in the gear, what else could it be? could it be bent crankshaft? engine is running perfect, revved up to 8.2k rpm few times, if the crank shaft is bent would engine not blow up at that revs? or it could be bent just by where the flywheel is mounting? :( how to check is the crank is bent?

Aidan-G

Member +
lads, i still have a same problem, this time got braided line made up from slave cylinder to the master one, tryed freshly rebuit gearbox by toyota them selfs, new diff bearings, new box casing, os giken twin plate cluch and its still the same, also took of the sump to see maybe crank is geting pushed in along with flywheel and cluch asembly but its fine, once you push in the cluch pedal and hold it down in the gear the car starts judering like only one side of the cluch disc is caching flywheel, some times is just no cluch all together, also car eat two brand new cluch discs and the ratle began on the os. giken twin plate cluch after 5 mins after puting in the gear, what else could it be? could it be bent crankshaft? engine is running perfect, revved up to 8.2k rpm few times, if the crank shaft is bent would engine not blow up at that revs? or it could be bent just by where the flywheel is mounting? :( how to check is the crank is bent?

are you using the orc clutch?

:sorry i got mixed up there!,i see your using an os giken twin plate..
im not sure what you should do next:(youve listed nearly everything i could think of anyway

Last edited:

gedis

Member +
are u sure its not a fault in the clutch mate ? cosing it to drag ?

sure 100% whent thru 2 flywheels, 3 disc'c 2 presure plates and all that before even putting in twin plate one, the gip is also dependant on the revs the more you rev the more times it grips(with the cluch down)
all can i think is the cluch is not 100% inline with gearbox shaft(bent crank, bent gearbox shaft etc.) that would explain partial grip on every rev, but its not cluches fault or gearbox cause thei been changeg alot of times, so i think its engine it self, is that posible?
can someone please help me on that, cause its very annoying i have 246bhp car that starts sitting in my back garden but cant drive for last 3 months :mad:

weeJohn

Lifer
Have you checked the release bearing fork is not bent?

You will deffinetly not be able to get the disc of the flywheel if the arm is bent or cracked, it wont move the pressure plate in enough.

gedis

Member +
Have you checked the release bearing fork is not bent?

You will deffinetly not be able to get the disc of the flywheel if the arm is bent or cracked, it wont move the pressure plate in enough.

fork is good tried 3 different ones, its wrecking my head now :confused: