**CT9 Hybrid** Urgent Help

GlanzaV1.3

Member +
Hi Guys,

My mate is currently working on his car, he is fitting a new CT9 Hybrid.

I just came off the phone to him and sending this email on his behalf.

He has taken off the old turbo and even though it looks exactly the same and should be compatible, it does not seem to fit and he has been trying for a while, all he needs to do is fit the turbo and the manifold and hes done.

Has anybody else had any problems with fitting the SpeedVision Hybrid CT9.

Let me know if you have any information as i need to get back to him ASAP.

Many thanks,

Garry

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Well the intake is obviously bigger but that should be the only difference. Unless the compressor housing needs rotated slightly?

speedvision

Member +
Hi Guys,

My mate is currently working on his car, he is fitting a new CT9 Hybrid.

I just came off the phone to him and sending this email on his behalf.

He has taken off the old turbo and even though it looks exactly the same and should be compatible, it does not seem to fit and he has been trying for a while, all he needs to do is fit the turbo and the manifold and hes done.

Has anybody else had any problems with fitting the SpeedVision Hybrid CT9.

Let me know if you have any information as i need to get back to him ASAP.

Many thanks,

Garry

shouldnt need rotating..all were set in the same position...tell me more so i can help him out...u can u2u me the info..need to be specific so i can know where to help ...

sam

speedvision

Member +
Im not sure as i am not with him at the moment.

If i PM someone his number could they give him a call?

update.
i called him...he wasnt gettin the oil line to fit so he dropped the downpipe and started from the filter side first and its ok now....he recommends to put the oil line on first then the downpipe but i guess everyone will have their own method.....he had to rotate the compressor housing a couple degrees he said also....just the circlip had to be removed...

sam

dac69er

Super Moderator
it shouldnt matter i wouldnt have thought? once the turbo is bolted to the manifold the oil line and downpipe cant really sit anywhere else? i have a blitz decat which is bolted to the original brace for the cat. will the fitment of this cause any issues?

is the circlip as much of a bastard to remove as the stock one?

keirz

Member +
it shouldnt be as much a bastard as the stock one as the stock one has been there years without being removed.

speedvision

Member +
it shouldnt be as much a bastard as the stock one as the stock one has been there years without being removed.

lol..true.....clip is new so wont have any problem...but remember not all will have to move as ony some may be off by a few degrees...

dacer: yea i dint think the downpipe would be in the way but it was easier for him to fit like that so whatever is easier for the person then thats how they do it...

GlanzaV1.3

Member +
Sam, really appriciate you calling him, he must of rung me as soon as he finished, he was over the moon, now he just needs to get one more bit of pipe and hes sorted.

Thanks again sam.

shauntgtt

Member +
Well here he is lol! As above thanks for the call Sam (and Gaz for the post)! Must admit something wasn't right.....once everything was off I offered the turbo in position and it was angled about 10/15 degrees! Anyways its all on now, but for some reason the rubber hose running to the sump is now too short, by about 1 inch! Gonna get a new one Monday!

dac69er

Super Moderator
rubber hose too short? strange, an inch is quite a bit!?!?

did the oil in pipe fit ok? thats the hard pipe? if that fits the rest should fit fine especially as the core is still a stock item and not a new casting!?

can you elaborate on this mate, take pics or something?

sx_turbo

Lifer
what mani are you using?

thats more than likely the cause for the rubber pipe being an inch to short, as there physically isnt room in the ct9's casting to move the pipe an inch out

dac69er

Super Moderator
what mani are you using?

thats more than likely the cause for the rubber pipe being an inch to short, as there physically isnt room in the ct9's casting to move the pipe an inch out

my thoughts exactyl. would like to see how it could be that far out if it was fine before???

shauntgtt

Member +
SPS race coated mani...

I managed to get hold of some suitable hose today so fitted it that. Im not happy though as after priming etc i have done about 15 miles and it is smoking soooo bad! Only running 0.5 bar and everytime I hit boost then come of the gas I get a massive cloud of smoke out the zaust? I have spoken to Sam (literally)! and he said the pvc valve may need replacing (although was fine on the standard turbo) I don't know what to suggest and im rather pi$$ed off!

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
the easiest way to diagnose the turbo is to fit your old one. pain the in the arse i know but is gonna prove it one way or another