Engine management light??

Sean_GT

Member +
I drove my Glanza to work for the first time today

I noticed everytime i accelerate fairly hard the engine managment light was comming on then going off again when i slow down.

On the motorway i had to get into my lane so had to accelerate a bit harder to get in in time the light came on again but this time did not go out for the rest of the journey.

Any ideas what the problem might be guys? Or is it going to need a diagnostic test.

EH@B

Member +
sometimes happened to me also
i asked the tuner he said if u have racing ECU so dont worry !!!

GT_Neil

Member +
The GT used to do that as a warning to me when boost would creep a bit high on cold days.

B4 i had fuel cut removed and the management setup.

Don't know if you remember that.

AdDaMan

Member +
what management have you got? if its standard then it may be fuel cut...did you feel it at all?

Sean_GT

Member +
The GT used to do that as a warning to me when boost would creep a bit high on cold days.

B4 i had fuel cut removed and the management setup.

Don't know if you remember that.

Ye i do remember that i did think maybe its because it hasnt had fuel cut removed, but mine has an EMB wired in but i whether it has been set up or not i dont know:noidea:

Sean_GT

Member +
what management have you got? if its standard then it may be fuel cut...did you feel it at all?

Nope i didnt feel anything which made me think it wasnt fuel cut and ye running EMB but the previous owner did not know whether it was setup or not

GT_Neil

Member +
Your just gonna have to look to see if its wired in.... then go from there... i reckon its just running a bit lean and the ecu is warning you of that when u boot it.

Sean_GT

Member +
Your just gonna have to look to see if its wired in.... then go from there... i reckon its just running a bit lean and the ecu is warning you of that when u boot it.

The green light is flashing on the emanage so it has power! lol

AdDaMan

Member +
ask someone who owns one because you can wire them in but pretty sure there is a switch to actually switch to the EMB map otherwise it utilises the standard map. On a power FC it flashs the engine light to show knock readings above 60, not sure if the EMB does too??....

GT_Neil

Member +
ask someone who owns one because you can wire them in but pretty sure there is a switch to actually switch to the EMB map otherwise it utilises the standard map. On a power FC it flashs the engine light to show knock readings above 60, not sure if the EMB does too??....

If he is still switched to the standard map then he would still be running under fuel cut right?

and on the EMB map there would be no fuel cut?

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Its just a warning that you're getting close to the fuelcut, mine does the same. I hit the fuel cut at around 1.2bar but it warns me before

Glanza D

Member +
Its just a warning that you're getting close to the fuelcut, mine does the same. I hit the fuel cut at around 1.2bar but it warns me before

mines same, fuel cuts at stock limit (about 0.9barish) but just before managment light comes on and stays on most of the journey

i dont worry about it
if it brakes ill fix it :p

Dave.

Member +
sometimes happened to me also
i asked the tuner he said if u have racing ECU so dont worry !!!

Can't see how an engine management fault is ok with an aftermarket ECU mate, I'd look into it further. I think your tuner is wrong to be honest... :(

Glanza_D - Thats not a great attitude lol! :rolleyes: Fuel cut isn't a good thing :( Really easy to prevent and deal with too :)

Dave

Sean_GT

Member +
Ok guys thanks for the replys.

After reading peoples answers i am making the assumption that my Emanage Is wired but not mapped so i am still running the standard ecu map which means that fuel cut is still there.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
If there was nomap on the emanage then it won't be doing anything, you can't switch between the maps on the blue but it won't alter anything until its mapped.

GTdan

In The Closet
does it boost past 0.8bar?? or cut out at that?
i know on the 82 fuel cut is harsh, but on 91 is ment to be very soft.

it may be worth speaking to nick at tuning developments re this -he knows his stuff about emb

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Mine does exactly the same as I said, he'll be getting close to fuelcut but not hitting it, if it is going over 0.8bar as Dan said then the emanage will have the fuel cut setup but if the light is coming on around there then I doubt there is any map on the emanage.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
also, the e-manage can still be wired in but with fuel cut not working, the fuel cut is actually a seperate box than the e-manage but it gets wired in at the same time normally.

there could be a chance they didnt put the fuel cut part of it on?

either that or maybe your experiencing knock due to the colder conditions

Jay

Admin
What does your boost gauge read when the lamp comes on?

Usually it's a 'soft' fuelcut due to the cold weather.