Engine Tuner - Opinions Please

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
These have offered me a SERIOUSLY good price on mapping my Mega Squirt ECU and I have heard the opinions of a few members on here about them. Anyone been there or got an opinion on them?

Jay

Admin
Were they not on the old forum Sam?

The guy was pretty switched on from his posts if I remember correctly.

Starlet_Sam

No idea Jay, I never saw them if they were. They quoted me a blinding price for a standalone ECU mapping though.

Gee

Member +
He has over 20+ years experience and Steve rates him.

I have spoke to him before about mapping/engine building and he knows his stuff.

Reason I did not go to him, is because it is a 4 hour drive.

I have also seen magazine tests done at his place on the dyno etc.

gv1.3

Admin
He submits articles for the newsletter on here and was quite active on the old site for a period. He gave good advice and I heard some good feeback about him.

Starlet_Sam

Worth it for a good map mate, a shit map will waste over 2k's worth of parts and all my time and effort and will require me to spend more on forging it. In short I need a good map and a 200 mile drive would be a small price to pay.

Starlet_Sam

Cheers Dane, was gonna go to Weston after you raved about them aswell as Dan but they want so much money that I can't justify it if Engine Tuner do good work. Weston wanted more than I paid for the unit, quite a bit more.

ChrisW

Lifer
I appreciate how good Greg is but their prices are stupidly high in comparison to their competition IMO! I think I would drive 200 miles to avoid their prices lol!

Starlet_Sam

Well it's be £20 or so to go really slow 200 miles lol. £500 plus VAT isn't an option.

steveep82

Member +
Well Sam as you know I rate them and they are the ONLY people who touch my car apart from me, good price and good knowledge, Martyn ad Alan are top guys too, helped me out of a few tight spots!!

Starlet_Sam

Yeah I'm more than willing to travel for a good map, like I've said it's the most important part of the whole thing.

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Martyn knows his stuff, and Alan has been doing tuning for years... As long as you're confident that you have all the correct stuff, you won't regret the trip.