**for those who moan about subscription prices**

sx_turbo

Lifer
just been on uksc

that site is ok, i prefer this one, but find both very helpful.

i thought i would become a paid member, i was shocked at how much the subscription cost was, they want £15.76. and people have the cheek to moan about the subscription cost of this site.

just thought i would let people know especially those who like to moan about the cost of signing up for 1 year.

Rick

Trader
Personally I think the subscription price on here is a bargain considering the amount of time most of us spend on here.

On the MLR it's £35 for the year, although you do get a lovely magazine LOL!!!

Mikey Jay

Member +
As far as I know, it's not a subscription as such

Tis a donation towards the running of the site and paying for events like JAE and so on

(don't quote me on that, tis just my understanding of it)

Kelly

Member +
difference is over there, we aren't restricting your viewing or posting on the site if u dont pay

there isnt much that is restricted for non paying members. Just members car thread and the right to have an avatar and signature i dont think thats too much to moan about :)

Its funny to see the members who are on everyday and dont pay towards the site but then obviously thats why things aren't restricted too much for members like that:)

sx_turbo

Lifer
As far as I know, it's not a subscription as such

Tis a donation towards the running of the site and paying for events like JAE and so on

(don't quote me on that, tis just my understanding of it)

that is the same principle of this site i am led to beleive. you dont have to pay it.

GTti

Member +
yeah i see that.

i just thought people should be made aware there not getting a completely bum deal on here.

Yes but the point is you actually don't get anything extra for paying (Just the ability to show a few pictures here and there).

Charging is ridiculous because a forums is nothing without its crowd and knowledgeable members, all of which would happily share their mind free of charge.

On the other hand...

If the cost was to gain access to the site then I would actually be MORE willing to payfor it. At least I'd know the newer members would want to get their moneys worth and actually SEARCH for information.

There hasn't been any interesting threads on here for a while :p

Last edited:

Craig

Lifer
This is going to turn in to a typical them and us thread. Both forums share the same passion, both forums have their own styles and rules. Which forum you use more is all down to personal preference. I'll leave this thread open for discussion in the mean time, but do not let this turn in to a hate war.

Excuse me if I'm talking out of turn here GTti, but why are you so against the optional subscription to such a useful site? Any time subscriptions are mentioned, you are always there to kick up fuss and be very unsupportive towards site and community as a whole. Yes this is an open forum, and the purpose of a forum is to express feelings, but I'm just curious why there is such a problem with 10euros which you do not have to pay and have chosen not to pay?

Elaine

Lifer
I personally would not care if I did not get anything extra from paying 10euros for the use of this site.

I find this site invaluable not only have I been given excellent help and advice over the last year from members and staff alike I have made some very good friends.

Just my 2p :)

59bhp

Member +
Excuse me if I'm talking out of turn here GTti, but why are you so against the optional subscription to such a useful site? Any time subscriptions are mentioned, you are always there to kick up fuss and be very unsupportive towards site and community as a whole.

ive noticed that as well

i dont give the money for something in return, i see it more as a donation to the site which in my view is bob on

Plus the cost of other car CLUBS is substantially higher than what i give to tgtt

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
This is going to turn in to a typical them and us thread. Both forums share the same passion, both forums have their own styles and rules. Which forum you use more is all down to personal preference. I'll leave this thread open for discussion in the mean time, but do not let this turn in to a hate war.

sorry i dont want this an us and them thread. it's meant to be a dont moan about a measly £6 for this site, when others are worse.

uksc was just used as a means of comparison

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
remember after all those few euros that are payed each year go to support the running of the site, nothing else..

Macker very generously has bought the software, built the site, upkeeps it & has bought specific servers & web space so that we would have our own space on the net, as let me remind u all, due to all the traffic we had we had been kicked & let down by our previous web space provider...

u all used to complain about how slow the site was & how crap the software was..

all we asked for was a little contribution by those who really cared so that macker would not have to burden all the monthly expenses on his own (which i can assure u is a figure u would not believe for hosting this web site)...

it is the members that make the site yes, but its also the website itself which gives that option to members to share their information freely...

Gtti, why are u so against subscriptions?? has anybody forced u to pay, its not like uv contributed anything financially towards the site, so why the hell are u complaining??

I hope u know what im on about guys.. :)
kon