fueling on hybrid ct9

Timmy

Member +
Yep people have killed there engines in the past before running with no proper supporting mods. Just get emanage it isn't that expensive in the greater scheme of things.

dac69er

Super Moderator
It would run lean cause the hybrid would be pushing more air than stock ct9?

^^^ thats what i always read on this forum anyway

yes but if under fuel cut it may still be ok. the 4efte ecu runs a bit rich anyway so you might be ok.always needs checking but it can be fine

Ben89

Lifer
surely below the fuel cut the map sensor will see the amount of air being moved by the hybrid and compensate with more fueling, just my thoughts? defo get it checked though.

Last edited:

WallaceGlanza

Member +
surely below the fuel cut the map sensor will see the amount of air being moved by the hybrid and compensate with more fueling, just my thoughts? defo get it checked though.

No it will see the pressure only and fuel for it as it would a stock ct9, but the hybrid will be pushing out more air, so as everyone says get it rolling roaded and checked properly.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
get the e management or you will kill your engine

i realy do disagree. especialy with a ct9 hybrid running under fuel cut. imo it probbaly will fuel fine.

i ran with a t3 for a long time without an fpr just under fuel cut. engine still running great ! :)

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
for sure Sheldon, i ran a td05 just under fuel cut as well for a while with no ill effects.

:) im not sayin its something good and something you should do. but i hate comments saying that you will kill your engine.. not on this particular thread only. but anyway.. thats just what i think.

would be more safe to check fuiling yeah...

Jay

Admin
Every car, turbo and environment can react differently.

Get it checked before you go boosting anywhere Kieran.

Jay

Timmy

Member +
It's all well and good saying i ran this and i ran that, On the old site i remember plenty of people killing there engines with hybrids and no tuning so i wouldn't listen to anyone saying it's ok make sure you get wideband on there and check because it's alot cheaper than replaceing an engine.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
It's all well and good saying i ran this and i ran that, On the old site i remember plenty of people killing there engines with hybrids and no tuning so i wouldn't listen to anyone saying it's ok make sure you get wideband on there and check because it's alot cheaper than replaceing an engine.

Ditto, some people don't listen though.

Ben89

Lifer
No it will see the pressure only and fuel for it as it would a stock ct9, but the hybrid will be pushing out more air, so as everyone says get it rolling roaded and checked properly.

OK, but the way i see it is that .8bar of air is .8bar of air no matter if its being pushed through by a hybrid or a standered turbo. its only going to phil up the inlet manifold up to .8 bar and that is what the map sensor is sensing. tha hybrid imo will only affect the vilocity of which the gases are being received and taken away therefore making the car more afficient i.e more power, all comments appreciated.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
OK, but the way i see it is that .8bar of air is .8bar of air no matter if its being pushed through by a hybrid or a standered turbo. its only going to phil up the inlet manifold up to .8 bar and that is what the map sensor is sensing. tha hybrid imo will only affect the vilocity of which the gases are being received and taken away therefore making the car more afficient i.e more power, all comments appreciated.

Think of it this way, a ct9 at bar and a td04 at 1 bar all the rest exactly the same yet the td04 will obviously make more power, why, because its physically a larger turbo with a larger flow rate of air, more air equals more fuel needed which equals more power.;)

Timmy

Member +
0.8bar from a hybrid has more mass than 0.8bar from a stock ct9. This is why it need more fuel. People have broke engines in the past not realising this. I mean lets be honest if what you said was true you would never need to upgrade a turbo as it wouldn't make any difference.