Fukin cunts.

goldenvtr

Member +
just went to take my GF to uni to pick up a form from the front desk, i waited outside not realizing i was on a zigzag, was there 20seconds and a fukin police car comes round the corner and straight up gives me 3 point and £60 fine.

what are the odds if i go to court? i was sitting in the car for a maximum of 40seconds. just infront of a zebra crossing on a one way road so i wanst blocking the veiw from oncoming traffic or anything.

so pissed off its untrue

UPDATE: 05/08/08

just though i would update this as it has been over a month now and i never did give the outcome.

When i went to the poilce station to produce my documents and contest against the ticket, the guy at the counter said i have the wrong copy, i acutally had the police copy, at the time i didnt realize as i was too annoyed the examine the ticked but correct it said police copy all the way around the outside of the ticket. so i asked the guy at the counter "surly this renters it void" and he said im not to sure ill send an email to the offering on duty and its down to him to get back in contact with me.

so its been over a months scince then i i havent heard anything so im hoping that he got theemail and saw the scenerio from the POV of a normal person and has let it go.

but rest assured if i do heard anything i will be going to court to fight it, and i still have the ticket to show it was incorrectly issued :)

Last edited:

Adam_Glanza

Member +
say it was an emergency and instead of leaving the car in the middle of the road causing chaos you decided to take your chances quickly.

say you had a child in the car and it was about to be sick

goldenvtr

Member +
i blaitently didnt though, i was sitting in the car so it wasnt actually parked just stopped whilst my GF went in

Adam_Glanza

Member +
court wont know that tho if it goes 2 court just say your gf ran in with the kid and you didnt wanna leave the car incase exactly wat happened happened

goldenvtr

Member +
fuck it, fight the power. Was a touch harsh though, what did he charge you with?

parking on a zig zag is the charge. i really coulnt care less about 60£ but fukin points!

if you loose at court though its a 150minimum fee striaght up plus the charge ontop

Nwimie

Member +
thats a bummer! you were very unlucky id be well angry to mate im guessing the 5-0 were completly unreasonable.

im afraid your in one of those situations buddy.

Apparently parking on a zig zag is taken very seriously by police and is an automatic 3 points regardless of situation. I only found out myself the other day when a baliff mate of mine gave me the advice while drivin around london.

The thing that really pisses me off, is that the police dont make it known that parking on a zig zag is so serious!! So people dont know and assume the worst being a slap on the wrist.

I suppose the only consolation will be that the points wont be regarded by the insurance companies as harshly as say speeding points. But neverless feel for ya dude

Adam_Glanza

Member +
yes but surely if you had a valid reason to stop then why not?

ok i know dropping someone off isnt a valid excuse but something else could be?

the end of the day like the others have said its down to you, if you wanna pursue it then it could be costly if you loose, but if your happy to take the points then go get drunk and try forget it :(

i dont think points make 2 much difference to insure either

goldenvtr

Member +
im afraid your in one of those situations buddy.

Apparently parking on a zig zag is taken very seriously by police and is an automatic 3 points regardless of situation. I only found out myself the other day when a baliff mate of mine gave me the advice while drivin around london.

The thing that really pisses me off, is that the police dont make it known that parking on a zig zag is so serious!! So people dont know and assume the worst being a slap on the wrist.

I suppose the only consolation will be that the points wont be regarded by the insurance companies as harshly as say speeding points. But neverless feel for ya dude

Its bullshit mate the uni isnt even open today for lessesons so its deserted. the only reason i went was to save my GF from paying parking a 20min walk away. great fukin day off work im having :|

cant see anyting making the day any better. was going to veiw a house at 6 but not sure if im in the mood now

I dont even know what the zig zag lines on the road mean :homer: other than no parking. I really paid attention during the theory test. IIRC they're something to do with the emergency services or something, hence the harsh penalty.

I agree with adam though, just go out, get drunk with a few mates and try forget it for a bit.......then try and blag a bit of overtime at work and before you know it, you wont even be out of pocket.

Elaine

Lifer
If your in the car surely they cant do you?? I mean how are they to know how long you were there for cant you just say you thought somethign was wrong with your car so came to a stop to double check it???

goldenvtr

Member +
i work full time i dont want any overtime lol! im only off today as i worked the weekend insted.
Think i might go chav hunting later

goldenvtr

Member +
If your in the car surely they cant do you?? I mean how are they to know how long you were there for cant you just say you thought somethign was wrong with your car so came to a stop to double check it???

i have no idea, i may ring the station and ask, is there anyone you know might be able to give advice as you have worked with copper havnt you?