Full Oil Cooler and Oil Relocation Kit's

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Right guys, i had afew requests in the last few weeks for a oil cooler kit with oil filter relocation and a oil thermostat so i've been working on designing a kit which has all them things in one kit that is at a more affordable price for the user.

Its a similar design to the Greddy kit's available which sell at £500+ and i totally understand people can't afford these.

Now our kit has just been test fitted to the Demo GT to see how everything fits, theres afew minor modifications needed but there not far off being ready for sale.

I've posted afew pictures of the kit below and afew with it fitted to our demo GT, because every starlet has different modifications i can't do a complete specific kit but it includes everything to make the kit fit but it will require afew brackets etc making up for the oil cooler and filter relocation housing.

The kit includes:

Aeroquip AQP Stainless Steel Braided Oil Lines
Reuseable Aeroquip Style Fittings throughout
CNC Machined Oil Block Adaptor
CNC Machined Oil Filter Housing (has 2 ports for temperature and pressure sensor's)
Inline Oil Thermostat (opens at 80degree's C to help with quick warm up)
Giant 19row Oil Cooler

TDOilCoolerKit10.jpg

TDOilCoolerKit11.jpg

TDOilCoolerKit12.jpg

Its a top quality kit and will be more than enough cooling for any starlet out there, im planning to post back with oil temperatures after the demo GT gets back out on track but things are looking good and im really happy with the quality, i will be looking to let 1 or 2 people test these for me to make sure they fit ok for them.

Please let me know your thoughts guys, only part that may need modifying is the block adaptor that screws onto the block, the power steering bracket "might" need spacing out or cutting a little to clear but im not 100% as mine has 2 spacers and fits perfect.

Heres a picture of the kit fitted on the demo GT:

TDOilCoolerKit4.jpg

Many Thanks

~Nick @ Tuning Developments

Last edited:

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
looks fantastic nick!

so how much is this gonna be goin for? i could use an oil cooler lol :D

kon

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Better watch out Nick Toby might think you have been snooping at his 'Group Buy Suggestions' thread, might have to 'Live with Jay' :p

On a serious note, well done looks like a great bit of kit !

Nick@TD.co.uk

Thanks guys for the kind comments, i'll be testing it out on the road in the next week or so but can't see there being any problems, im hugely impressed with the kit.

Cheers for the heads up dane.

As for price to start with it will be around £370 Delivered + 4% Paypal Fee's but i'm trying my hardest to get the cost of the parts down to improve this price better, but comparing that price to the greddy kit thats £500+ and uses a 10row oil cooler i think its a very fair price.

Many Thanks and any more questions just let me know, keep your eye out around the section for afew more new exciting parts.

Gee

Member +
Is this intended for track or road use?

I understand that the thermostat is never 100% closed, so oil will be always passing through it? I am wondering how this 19 cooler will perform in everyday driving and when the temps get lower in the winter.

Could it be modded so flow to the cooler could be completely cut off by some sort of switch?

You have not mentioned you will be able to supply smaller row coolers, but I guess this would not be a massive problem?

Could you post some temp results on a static 80mph motorway run for about 15-20mins? If not for obvious reasons, maybe 70-75mph? :D

Also, I thought the GREX kit was £300 not £500? Not confirmed, can't be arsed looking right now, I've got a hangover!

Good job by the way. I can appreciate the time and effort it takes to but together custom jobs.

Cheers.

Last edited:

GTwayne

Member +
I don't get high temps at the moment but could be interested in a smaller cooler when I go for more power.:)

Nick@TD.co.uk

Is this intended for track or road use?

I understand that the thermostat is never 100% closed, so oil will be always passing through it? I am wondering how this 19 cooler will perform in everyday driving and when the temps get lower in the winter.

Could it be modded so flow to the cooler could be completely cut off by some sort of switch?

You have not mentioned you will be able to supply smaller row coolers, but I guess this would not be a massive problem?

Could you post some temp results on a static 80mph motorway run for about 15-20mins? If not for obvious reasons, maybe 70-75mph? :D

Also, I thought the GREX kit was £300 not £500? Not confirmed, can't be arsed looking right now, I've got a hangover!

Good job by the way. I can appreciate the time and effort it takes to but together custom jobs.

Cheers.
Hey Gee

Thanks for the questions, first of all the thermostat never 100% close's as you said because it keeps a constant flow of oil going to the oil cooler so it keeps filled with oil and does not get any air locks in the system which isn't good.

I'll test out the temperatures when the cars back up and running doing afew bits and pieces to it at the moment but shouldnt be long, i was running a 10row oil cooler before with a similar thermostat and never had a issue with slow warm up or to much cooling, also my brother runs a 16row cooler and has no warm up issues either.

If requested i could get smaller row coolers but tbh i can't see a smaller cooler being needed mate.

The Grex kit is £500+ from other traders mate from what i've seen its 100% alot more expensive than this kit.

And thanks for the support guys, i'm just looking to bring new and exciting parts for the starlet at affordable prices for everyone.

Many Thanks

Jay

Admin
Toby makes it sound like a bad thing but Jaystar Ranch is fully equipped with clean sheets, hot & cold running water and an inhouse bar. Our location benefits from a seaview, onsite parking and the beach is a stone's throw away.. :p

On a serious note anyone heading to the track packing big power will need to consider climbing oil temperatures. It's something we've noticed at local trackdays and I'd recommend prevention rather than cure.

The starret no likey heat.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Toby makes it sound like a bad thing but Jaystar Ranch is fully equipped with clean sheets, hot & cold running water and an inhouse bar. Our location benefits from a seaview, onsite parking and the beach is a stone's throw away.. :p

On a serious note anyone heading to the track packing big power will need to consider climbing oil temperatures. It's something we've noticed at local trackdays and I'd recommend prevention rather than cure.

The starret no likey heat.
Cheers jay, how much are rooms per night? :p

And yeah, i found on track that although it will hold a constant temp for 2-3 laps if you continue to do hard driving temps will keep climbing which is certainly not good, so this 19row cooler will certainly not let it overheat the oil! which in turn will help the water temps stay cooler.

~Nick

Gee

Member +
Yeah, guys not questioning the need or ability of this oil cooler on track. I need to know how it performs on the street, as my car is 99% a street car and is daily driven. Rain, sun, snow...whatever.

Look forward to the temp readings.

Cheers.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Yeah, guys not questioning the need or ability of this oil cooler on track. I need to know how it performs on the street, as my car is 99% a street car and is daily driven. Rain, sun, snow...whatever.

Look forward to the temp readings.

Cheers.
Yeah Gee no problem, ill sort it out and let you know how it get's on mate.

Thanks for the interest guys.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Right Nick pack your bags :p

Let us know how you get on with these nice alternative to the Greddy pending results..

T
Yeah hehe, ive been snowed under this week but got afew mapping session's this weekend but in between the GT should be back and running so will report back with the temperature performance.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Hey Guys

Sorry im currently away from home but once im back ill have the kit finished off and tested, as for without the filter relocation i will be able to design something but will take abit longer.

Many Thanks