glanza top speed?

alanjg

Fresh Recruit
what is the stop speed of a M/T Glanza with the stock 4efte ct9@10lbs????

i was in 5th gear at about 190 - 200km/h i guess because it dosnt have any numbers after 180.... and the gear kind of bounced out of place at 195km/h or so and stopped the car from going higher speeds... like when u go too fast in reverse...

why this happens?

nexia201

Member +
what is the stop speed of a M/T Glanza with the stock 4efte ct9@10lbs????

i was in 5th gear at about 190 - 200km/h i guess because it dosnt have any numbers after 180.... and the gear kind of bounced out of place at 195km/h or so and stopped the car from going higher speeds... like when u go too fast in reverse...

why this happens?

either gear was not engaged properly ar you have worn gear (so it doesnt keep it engaged sometimes pop out)

Beaker

Member +
Thats probabley speed cut at 112mph although you speedo will missread by aprox 5-10% at that speed so it sounds about right

Glanza_cl

Member +
i didnt think the gearing on a glanza de-restricted or not, would allow it to go past 130mph anyway nd it's a 1.3 so there isnt realy much point in trying to get a top speed run out of it imo

WallaceGlanza

Member +
i didnt think the gearing on a glanza de-restricted or not, would allow it to go past 130mph anyway nd it's a 1.3 so there isnt realy much point in trying to get a top speed run out of it imo

Yes it would, they're geared to 168mph top end, you just need enough power to get there! I agree that its pointless going that fast though, far too scary in a tin box.

It sounds like you've hit the speed cut and the jolt from that has knocked it out of gear.

Last edited:

Glanza_cl

Member +
lol you learn something new everyday, i'm sure someone told me it was 130 lol to scared to go any higher anyway shakes like mad.

alanjg

Fresh Recruit
my friends that has stock suspension says the same... but i only upgraded to springs... and i feel it very stable at 200 km/h

Glanza D

Member +
mines stock susp (springs are tein)

fmic airfilter zorst decat ported mani and wastegate, asuming about 150-155bhp

i hit 140 mph before (bout 145 on clocks, 138 on satnav)

pood myself as my tracking is a tad out so it shook......alot lol

Ian_w

Member +
i dont think i ever hit the speed limiter. Tried once, got it past 180k's on the clocks. Figured it was over reading and i would have been right on it. After that never again!

ChrisGT

Member +
Mine tops 200mph.

But seriously, I hope you are all doing these high speed runs on your private 1mile strips right? RIGHT?! lol

Dan3SGTE

Member +
130 feels dangerous????

Pussies! :p :p

No but seriously, to anwser the question i can bet you my bottom dollar you hit speed cut... Starlet clocks are quite a bit out........

Stulet-GTT

Member +
I have hit fuel cut a couple of time's in mine, an the car feel's like all power is gone then it come's strait back again...

Have been told its not a good thing to hit it to much...

Mine is quiet smooth at top speed no real shake's at all...