Got er on the rollers today.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Got er on the rollers today (Update on post 36 think its fixed)

Took the motor down to Autotune today, more for a checkup than anything else before I get it mapped fully. She wasn't that impressive unfortunatly but on the bright side it leaves alot of room for improvement.

1st run 266hp
2nd run 262hp which is the one on the chart.

Does anyone know how to post up a chart thats saved as PDF?

On the chart I have my old 4E run@1.3bar on the TD04 and also my new 5E run@1.5bar on a TD05hybrid +cams, to be honest it look like the old setup woulda made more power if it was at the same boost.

I need to check my valve timing. Can anyone suggest any other areas to check that would cause low power? She held boost fine up to the limiter though the mani has 4 cracks, one of em is very big.

Chart added, its a bit of a bodge job with print screen and paint :)
The dotted line is my 5E and solid is 4E. Blue is torque and red hp
RRpic.jpg

Last edited:
A

Animal GT

i told ya man!!so wats plans now lad? wack boost up and see wat she makes? your mani would be losing power aswel doh

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I think theres something more sinister going on, maybe I'm just being paronoid!

I'll strip er down and check everything, I only made 7lbs more torque with a much larger turbo +cams +200ccs extra displacement. Seems weird to me.

Maybe the low compression is causing it? She's around 7.6:1 atm.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
My knock sensor isn't screwed right to the block and was reporting insaine amounts of knock, but there was no knock (had the listening gear on) can the stock ecu pull back the timing from the emange ultimate to such a large degree?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
4E on TD04 made more power throughout the whole rev range! Im quite surprised to be honest even though the 5E was on a larger turbo still would have thought otherwise.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
what kind of TD05 hybrid you use?

5E line does have a dip at 4500.

the line difference must be around the other way.

Don't know the full spec of the turbo, its Aze_bs old one, all I know is the compressor wheel is of a GT34 turbo. He made 285whp@1.8bar and no cams or headwork.

I must have the cams lined up incorrectly or somethings amis in the valve timing. The car shoulda been up around 290-300hp I think. Got a day of stripping tomorrow to see wots what.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Did a compression test, got 130psi across all 4 cylinders, I'm running a low comp build, -10cc pistons and 1.8mm HG, ratio is about 7.6:1.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
you need a better turbo that turbo doesnt suit your engine lad id say a standerd tdo5 will give you 320bhp running that boost

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I've not get er put back together lad, she'll come good.

Been looking at Aze_bs RR charts and something doesn't add up.

On the 5E marks he made 297hp@fly and 286f/lbs of torque

On the 4E marks he made 285whp(so about 330@fly) but only 260f/lbs of torque

So the 5E markings are more torquey but less ponnies, I just don't understand how that can be.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
was always told that the 5e makes more torque than horse power ,im building mine to go over 300,had a feeling spuddy with them times your getting it wasnt pushing 300 id say get chris to map it on the rollers you might get a better map ,also change the turbo and see if it makes a differeance

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
was always told that the 5e makes more torque than horse power ,im building mine to go over 300,had a feeling spuddy with them times your getting it wasnt pushing 300 id say get chris to map it on the rollers you might get a better map ,also change the turbo and see if it makes a differeance

Aye the times weren't supporting my power expectations. But now I can't wait to see how it really goes like when running proper!