Heater Problem

Rumel786

Member +
Well since i got my GT i realised the heaters even on full wouldnt work full whack, it was as if it was on low.

3 nights ago randomly the heaters just stopped working, the back lights were still working (lights to indicate where heat/air is to go ie head/feet) But no air was coming out) After half an hour it just started working aagin so i didnt think much of it.

Yesterday again same thing heaters just stopped working, 1 hour later, i parked my car and the turbo timer was on, came back to my car and the heaters were on.

A few hours later again the heaters just stopped working and this time no joy its not coming back on.

I checked behind the centre console and everything seems pretty much connected so cant think what the prob could be?

Anyone had a similar prob or could shed any light on this?

thanks.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
or burshes on the blower motor?

can you reach to the blower and tap it with a hammer or something while its set on ON

edit: im thinking its brushes cos you said it was working slow on full blast..

Matchew

Member +
You got to be kidding me ricky lol

iIv still got the heater controls and motor etc form my old ep82 so can chuck that in no prob.

Do you know if it is the resistor cutting it back in randomly?

Could be mate if the resistor is playing up it would cut at random, i thought if the blower was fubared it wouldnt work at all or its slowly getting to that stage

Rumel786

Member +
Nope mate i have only had this gt a few weeks so dont know previous how long this problem may have been there BUT since i bought the car i have realised on full the heating works as it if is on slow and the heatings stopped and randomly worked again 4 times in total now.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Nope mate i have only had this gt a few weeks so dont know previous how long this problem may have been there BUT since i bought the car i have realised on full the heating works as it if is on slow and the heatings stopped and randomly worked again 4 times in total now.

see what i wrote :p

Rumel786

Member +
or burshes on the blower motor?

can you reach to the blower and tap it with a hammer or something while its set on ON

edit: im thinking its brushes cos you said it was working slow on full blast..

Where is the blower motor exactly matey?

I can give it a crack after work or on my lunch break :p

Matchew

Member +
Well if you've still got the heater from your old car deffo use that maybe try getting hold of a resistor whilst your doing the job bet jay has one

Rumel786

Member +
Well if you've still got the heater from your old car deffo use that maybe try getting hold of a resistor whilst your doing the job bet jay has one

I should have a resistor on my old ep82 so i can get it off there, any idea where the resistor is located?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Where is the blower motor exactly matey?

I can give it a crack after work or on my lunch break :p

dunno on a GT mate. start by pulling glove box out.. maybe you can see something.

i really thing its the brushes of the motor.. thats what they do even on angle grinders.. first they start to turn slower and slower and they work and sometimes no and then they stop and if you tap it a bit it will work slowly and stop again.

Matchew

Member +
I should have a resistor on my old ep82 so i can get it off there, any idea where the resistor is located?

That i cant help you with fella sorry i would imagine it would be on the heater box somewhere, maybe have a look on your old one to see were its located? pure guess mate but most cars thats were there located

Rumel786

Member +
Well thinking about it behind the glove box it was making a kind of whizzing noise when the heating is on, il have a crack at it on my lunch break :p

Cheers bud!

Anyone else know where the motor is and how big it is????

Rumel786

Member +
That i cant help you with fella sorry i would imagine it would be on the heater box somewhere, maybe have a look on your old one to see were its located? pure guess mate but most cars thats were there located

Il have a browser.

TBH i havent actually had a look through this car much since iv got it, i even saw a black box under the glove box that wasnt on my old ep82 so im going to see what that is, i hope its the optinoal first aid kit!

Cheers for all the help pal!