help running lean

stedee

Member +
well ive just bought me car i was told it was running rich, i planned for a remap but now ive checked the plugs and they are white so i need a remap now unless anyone knows how to correct the fueling map on a power fc cos i dont. tuning developements is no good to me either cos he hasnt got the software yet for power fc or i would have gone there. ive got one of those crappy afr which does tell me its lean on low revs off boost i thought this wouldnt matter and the gauge says it runs rich on boost, could this still make the plugs go white, the plugs are ngk iridiums grade 7, ive changed to 8s now.

thanx steve

ps i`m not ready to go forged yet

Rory

Lifer
Have you taken the car to be checked on a RR, against a wideband?

Cars do run lean when they are pottering around town, when did you check them? And was it after a hard run, or potter about?

stedee

Member +
i just checked them about 2 hours after driving when i was swapping plugs, they are a crusty white, all 4

stedee

Member +
oh yeah last run was mostly pottering with a little bit of throttle now and again - the usual traffic- thanx for the quick reply

stedee

Member +
r u kidding - lol
only had it 2 days but here goes blitz k1, blitz ic, power fc, ram air thingy, usual ss exhaust and induction kit (hks) not sure what dump valve it is maybe bailey, its running standard boost at the mo, ive been told it might only have a standard mani on there, ive got a jam to put on b4 i was going to get it remapped and rred

Rory

Lifer
Personally, get it checked on the RR, with appropiate equipment, Wideband meter, det cans etc.

Will save you in the long run.

Has the car sat a while or, has it been driven, up until you bought it?

stedee

Member +
there is a det sensor on the commander on the power fc, it knock says 5 times on start up and then very occasionally say twice on a half hour journey

stedee

Member +
cheers guys
doh im near leeds, i know of trl but you have to wait a month to get in there,

do mot stations have wideband lambdas?

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Hey Again Mate

If you just want your fueling checking to make sure its ok i can offer that service no worrys, i have the full wideband equipment im just not offering remapping on the Power FC's yet.

Many Thanks
~Nick @ Tuning Developments

stedee

Member +
Hey Again Mate

If you just want your fueling checking to make sure its ok i can offer that service no worrys, i have the full wideband equipment im just not offering remapping on the Power FC's yet.

Many Thanks
~Nick @ Tuning Developments

yeah i would, can i come tomorrow ie friday
thanx steve

stedee

Member +
im sure its not running to lean, but very wise to get it cheacked.

how would i know if it was? , i`m pretty good with n/a engines and i got to learn abit with my pulsar about turbos, all i know is white plugs = running lean, i checked my pulsars plugs and they were that lovely golden colour which i know is perfect, i suppose white is better than white with lots of black oil on the plugs. oh btw it feels quite smooth to drive and i havent seen any smoke, the guy i bought it off said he has seen black smoke that is why he thought it was overfueling

cheers btw to everyone you have been very helpful

stedee

Member +
back to topic, if there are air leaks after the afr meter/sensor will that cause it to run lean as there is more air getting in than what the afr meter thinks.

cheers