Help..?

Joe_GlanzaForged

Fresh Recruit
Cut long story short, got banned for 2 years for drink driving, dangerous driving, no licence and no insurance when i was 16. Like 18 now, nearly 19, looking to buy a glanza or starlet, turbo model. got like 10k+ to spend as i've been working since i left school as an international and olympic boat builder. Any chance i can get insured on one of these with them convictions that were done on 10th november 2007.. Done advanced driving test as it was part of the court order to get my licence back. Got a quote for like 29 grand, WTF?! can anyone help? :confused:

jam35

Member +
try bell insrance they were best for me but you are looking at around 3-4 k just for insurance when i was 18 just with a drink drive ban most insurance companies wanted that amount for my glanza.........

Joe_GlanzaForged

Fresh Recruit
Alright.. Getting a quote from Bell now.. i'll pay up to 5k but anymore than that they can Fuck off. Sick as a chip trying to get insurance its an absolute joke! yeah i have convictions but still... 29 grand WTF .......

Jay

Admin
That just means they don't want to insure you mate, it's basically just a 'fuck off' tablet. Heard it plenty of times before myself. :haha:

tbh fella without any convictions most insurer's refused to insure me on my glanza v til i was 20 with 2 years ncd anyways... finally ended up with premium choice giv them a try but it was still £1800 tpf&t as thats the only cover they could give me bt cheaper thn other insurers and most still wouldnt cover me even ones that ppl on here were covered by them with either convictions or younger (it depends what time of the month it is half of the time i think). but after 1 year went down to £900 after 1 year, so took it at £1600 full comp this time with sky what a difference turning 21 makes haha

Joe_GlanzaForged

Fresh Recruit
bell won't insure me because of the convictions...... might aswell wait another 3 years then i dont have to declare convictions and buy a fuckin 800 bhp supra in 3 years. this is a piss take.

Joe_GlanzaForged

Fresh Recruit
tbh fella without any convictions most insurer's refused to insure me on my glanza v til i was 20 with 2 years ncd anyways... finally ended up with premium choice giv them a try but it was still £1800 tpf&t as thats the only cover they could give me bt cheaper thn other insurers and most still wouldnt cover me even ones that ppl on here were covered by them with either convictions or younger (it depends what time of the month it is half of the time i think). but after 1 year went down to £900 after 1 year, so took it at £1600 full comp this time with sky what a difference turning 21 makes haha

kk cheers. Looks like my idea of buyin a 250+ bhp forged glanza is out the window. FFS!

tbh fella i rang through loads of ones recommended on here bt like i said it depends what time of the month it is with em or how they feel.. so its worth a try calling quite a few just to see, have a look on the insurance pages on this site there a big list of all the ones ppl have been insured with n bel dint insure me either so i wouldnt worry about it infact they hadnt even heard of the glanza v tbh when i rang em just over 2 years ago n ppl were insured with em... it just depends on the advisors u get through to sometimes as it mite not be on ther standard list of cars they usually insure so just say they cnt insure that car even though they do..

Joe_GlanzaForged

Fresh Recruit
just rang premium choice. they wont insure me because of dangerous driving and no insurance.. this is a nightmare... i could get insurance on a glanza gl or something and its only about 4k... but fuck me, a glanza V, ive got no chance getting insured... its a big risk to take though

Joe_GlanzaForged

Fresh Recruit
i mean, its a big risk to take telling them its a starlet Glanza GL thing on the log books n shit, as thats what it comes up as on website when i type registration in but not telling them its a turbo, then the police pull me, do u think they'd notice even if i had like a black front mount intercooler, sunk into the front bumper so they couldn't see it much, and have the engine looking as dirty and rusty and standard as possible, with no chrome shit and blue hoses, do u think they would notice it was a forged Glanza turbo? i really need help lads...

GTnomez

Member +
Dude we told you it is best to insure it legally. Showing that you planning on insuring it ilegally on a public forum isnt a good start.

You could always try your luck, what luck you have left :freddy:

dac69er

Super Moderator
what about if i got my dad to insure it and put me as a named driver?

that is fronting and is illegal mate.

tbh, people with 1 years no claims being 18 find it hard to insure a glanza so its going to be almost impossible for you. what about a GT? they tend to be cheaper to insure.

if you could at least get a years no claims you may stand a better chance, but i doubt it. your too much of a risk

churcherj

Member +
its very rare you hear of police checking cars for insurance and going into the model etc, they would just check the cars insured, as long as its not insured as something crazy! normally most glanzas are registered as 1.3 starlets when imported or gl's. you could insure it as a starlet as its stated in your log book, however the insurance wouldnt see it that way. its a different issue if you wish to claim for your car, in which case the insurance would inspect the car, and believe me they can tell if its a turbo! (i work for insurance) its just a risk you take, but you have to ask if its worth it!