How much worse can one forum get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPsi

Member +
Im sorry but this forum is getting worse and worse. Limiting more and more stuff that can be done until youre a paid member, and then still limiting what you can do once you are a paid member. I've been here since the beginning, ive owned my gt for 8 years, but the fact that i have to pay for a second account for my gf to post pics of her car in the members thread is a joke. She would never come on here, so i thought i would share the pics with you all, only to find the thread moved and unable to be posted in. Seems the mods on here are all power mad. So its bye from me. Not being a part of this forum anymore.

jamesgtturbo

Member +
wow shit im sorry to hear that jamie your a valuable member on here and ive always been a great fan of your car and youve helped a lot of members out on here , although i do use this forum on a regular basis i can see were your coming from and more and more of the older members do seem to be leaving and using other forums .

Glanza-V

Banned
Hey Jamie, dont let things like that annoy u.

Stay with us, im sure they can sort sumthing out

or u can always "buy" the car off your missus hehe

GTti

Member +
Ahahah, yea I couldn't post any pictures of mine but I guess it's not a Toyota anyway.

Can't view attached pictures either.

I don't think older members are leaving, they just don't own a Starlet anymore. There's not much restricted on the forum. As far as I can see the only thing I don't have is a spinky little picture of my GTti under my name.

riko666

Member +
i mean more things that'd annoy him...there's lots of things that annoy me about the forum, but hey, I bear with it as there's many decent people...and, well, I'm a slut, the more the merrier :p

Idrees

Banned
Yes Riko I see what you mean and I don't think hes the only one that gets annoyed either

I don't think theres much that will get done though!

sx_turbo

Lifer
i agree with drpsi on this one.

normally though i think the mods do an extremely good job,

the only thing that annoys me on this site, is the young members who dont know anything, dish out advice that is completely wrong. e.g cal. (i know he not on the site anymore, but there are others he was just an example)

back to drpsi though, i think he should be allowed to have his gf's car for show, (although it's not quite to everyones taste), but maybe the pics should be added to his own members car thread, and not have a seperate thread for his gf's car

jamesbaa

Member +
I was actually discussing this with another couple off members last night and i think its disscusting that he cant show pictures off his GF's car!!! come on this is a car forum so people can enjoy looking at and talking about diffrent idea's and mods to do with cars! i was really looking forward to seeing what peoples reactions were gona be when it come to the particullar car!!!

I think the mods should spend more time sorting out the forum by making it more reliable, rather than getting database error every few days or so!!! Id like to see where the paid members money is actually being used, its not even like were paying for a super dooper server that never brakes down because quite frankly the free one on the other forum was much better!!!

It seem like a certain few mods have let the "powerfull" delete button go to there heads and dont hessitate to use it!! Even one off the supermods who i think was one off the originals actually made the first comment on the discussed topic and applauded the car not deleted it!!!!

What is going on???

gv1.3

Admin
guys I see where you're coming from however the forum must have rules and one of those is that each paid member can have 1 thread in members cars.

The issue we run in to when managing threads etc is if we dont aply the rule to one then the next person will say "but you let him do it"

I dont think it helps when people post stuff such as "how much worse can one forum get" as I think most will agree this is a nice place to visit. What is sometimes overlooked is the amount of actual management that goes into keeping a site as busy as this up and running and maintained.

The pictures could be placed in the photo arena, which we set up due to users wanting somewhere to post pics. They could have been put in the chillout area and everyone would have commented.

When we were asked to set up a members car section we did. This quickly became a dumping ground for anyones and everyones car be it your own car, your brothers car the milkmans car the postmans van, we got it all. There has to be rules to keep that section tidy, rules are there to be queried etc but feet stomping and threatening to leave the site do not generally get the best result.

Oh and finally, ask yourselves what the easiest thing we could do is.... think about it... what would make our lives a lot easier...

How about we remove the rules.. ALL of them and just let people dump stuff wherver they want. There wouldnt be a site worth coming to anymore.

Dylan

G

gaz_turbo1

nothing towards jay but why was this not locked?
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=11893

seems to be two set's of rules

yeah can't believe have petty thing's have got and your not allowed to even have a joke about things on here without someone saying how wrong you are etc, look at all the good forums and you look through it and there links to racing and loads of other stuff, but on here you put a video up and you lot think that the forum going to get closed down and everyone put in prison for 100 years:p,

gv1.3

Admin
nothing towards jay but why was this not locked?
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=11893

seems to be two set's of rules

yeah can't believe have petty thing's have got and your not allowed to even have a joke about things on here without someone saying how wrong you are etc, look at all the good forums and you look through it and there links to racing and loads of other stuff, but on here you put a video up and you lot think that the forum going to get closed down and everyone put in prison for 100 years:p,

That is a members car.... the guy needed help posting it... one set of rules my friend.

"all the good forums" mate if its that bad why did you want to pay us for a trading account?

ChrisGT

Member +
Rules don't apply to admins/mods? :p I'm joking, I guess to be fair, Jay gets extra privileges as super mod? lol

gv1.3

Admin
LOL, your nearly funny, and yeah i did'nt pay:p:p

because we run a clean show here and wouldnt allow you trade... now suddenly the site is crap

Heres a bandwagon for you to jump on

Bandwagon%20Final.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.