How the hell do you remove the efi pipe on the turbo!!!???

Monty

Member +
I am trying to install an actuator as you read this, i cannot get the bloody EFI pipe off, i have got the two top bolts off but i cant get them off the turbo side to remove the pipe so i can get in about the actuator.

Whats the easiest way to remove it?

Phil

Super Moderator
is your radiator still on the car? if so remove it to free up the much needed elbow room.

takes a good bit of wiggling and twisting before it'll even think about coming off!

sx_turbo

Lifer
take the power steering pump off, and remove the oil filter.

make sure the jubillee clip on the efi pipe is really loose, and just wiggle it with some force.

Ted

Member +
have you slackened the jubilee clip that holds the efi pipe onto the turbo inlet?

the efi pipe is the single most infuriating object known to man. if the krypton factor was still on tv no doubt getting one off would be one of the challenges.

i was never so happy when i threw mine in the bin.:shoot:

sx_turbo

Lifer
bolts hold it at the top of the engine, and u should have already undone these 2.

then there is a jubilee clip and thats it

supernova

Member +
What type of jubilee clip is it? Do i need to loosen it with a screw driver? Looks a right bitch to get off and need to get it off and on again when i fit my mani, not looking forward to it! BTW you don't need to remove it when fitting an actuator...

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
erm if i remember correctly its not a jubilee clip but a self tightening circlip.. u ull need a pliers to remove it ;) & btw to all u lads when we change ours we never remove the rad, or oil filter.. sometimes when removing the turbo we take the ps pump off but thats about it.. no need to remove the rad ;)

kon

sx_turbo

Lifer
erm if i remember correctly its not a jubilee clip but a self tightening circlip.. u ull need a pliers to remove it ;) & btw to all u lads when we change ours we never remove the rad, or oil filter.. sometimes when removing the turbo we take the ps pump off but thats about it.. no need to remove the rad ;)

kon

mine was definately a jubilee clip

mine may have been off before though

ChrisGT

Member +
10mm type jubilee clip, so you can't use a screw driver. Mission to get off! But does go back on relatively easy with a tiny bit of vaseline!

Jay

Admin
Just to clear up some confusion - the EP82 GT has a jubilee clip (use a 10mm socket and extension bar) and the EP91 Glanza V has a tensioned circlip (get in there with some pliers).

There isn't a great need to remove this pipe when fitting the HKS acutator. It doesn't get in the way too much from what I remember..

Monty

Member +
You guys must have hands like a child! You cant get your hands in to remove the stock actuator bolts and vacuum pipes!

Jay

Admin
Ratchet spanners and needle-nose pliers mate. I have hands like diggerbuckets unfortunately so working on these cars is fustrating.

GT_Neil

Member +
hmm well im sure i took the actuator bolts off from the top with a 12mm ring spanner with ease, but maybe that was after i got rid of the efi pipe and fitted my new filter.

the hardest part will be getting it back on mate, was the hardest thing in the world and most annoying.

try and avoid removing it if i were you...