Import taxes...

ChrisW

Lifer
Just a quick one, has anyone been hit with import taxes after buying anything from Sam at Speedvision? Ive got my turbo on the way but never really gave it a thought! If people have, how much could it be on like a £400 turbo???

Phil

Super Moderator
i havent when i bought something of him, decat or fpr or both. but they wouldnt have been as large a parcel as a turbo. so no guarentees(SP)

Phil

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
I've only ever been charged VAT on stuff, at the normal 17.5%.

The delivery company usually pays it to get ti in the country, and then you pay them to get get your parcel, thay will charge for doing it without asking. £12 last time Parcel Force did it

sx_turbo

Lifer
on £400 coilovers it cost me £75 import tax.

but to be fair mate it depends on whether sam has declared there worth or not.

ChrisW

Lifer
Arghhh thats a bit of a bummer! There was me thinking Id got a nice cheap turbo for £395 with an actuator lol :(!

EDIT - @Mike, well I certainly wouldnt mind that!!!

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Arghhh thats a bit of a bummer! There was me thinking Id got a nice cheap turbo for £395 with an actuator lol :(!

EDIT - @Mike, well I certainly wouldnt mind that!!!

You may do, I've had MANY more things through without charge than I have with a charge.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
on £400 if caught properly by customs you would pay 10% on the £400 so £40 and then you will pay 17.5% on that total inclusive of the Import Duty.

So £440 + £77 = £517

I think this rule applies to all goods caught i think not just imported cars?

EP82

Member +
Well I ordered £1,300 worth of stuff from sam and I never had to pay a penny :) Thanks sam!