laughable insurance quote - Flux!!!

Kev

Member +
So my insurance renewal has finally come through! Being ripped off since my change from the corolla to the glanza half way through my policy.

Adrian Flux hit me with £907 fully comp renewal!!!!

So me:

27 yrs old.
7 years protected no claims about to be 8.
1 sp30 coming off in Jan 08
1 accident claimed - not to blame.
small mods, mostly handling, everything declared (not like for like, found that out with the corolla :mad: )
clifford concept 650
low crime rate area.
good job - web designer
rented accommodation

Personally I think my quote should be far less, say about £500 - £700 considering my no claims, if not less!!!

I'll be ringing around and most probably go with Sky Insurance, maybe admin will finally get the discount for TGTT organised before my renewal in mid December?!?!?!?!...........or maybe not.

I will NEVER EVER give my business to Adrian Flux again, charged me £130 a month for the remaining 6 installments on my policy to make up the full 12 months term, even though I was insured on the corolla for the first half of the policy.

then rip me off my insurance payout on the corolla too.

RANT OVER lol!

Kev

Dave.

Member +
lol, i've herad similar mate :)

i'm with bell.co.uk atm, and i'm only paying £686 (20 with 2 years ncb and huge mod list lol)

try them, and add your parents or sum1 much older with good driving history as a named driver to bring it down even further :)

Dave

Glanza-V

Banned

27 yrs old.

small mods, mostly handling, everything declared

clifford concept 650

low crime rate area.

good job - web designer

Thats all Lottery for insurance quotes! ^^^^^^

U defo shud be within £600 league!!

dac69er

Super Moderator
im 23 and pay about £450 fully comp with all mods declared. i have 4 or 5 years no claims. no convictions/points etc and no accidents.

i find adrain flux pretty reasonable with myself. until i wanted to insure a second car and they wanted more for a standard uk spec ep91 tpft than they wanted for a modded GT fully comp!?

Jay

Admin
True enough, I'll get a specific thread stuck to the top of our Legal section detailing any insurers willing to offer discount to club members.

Bear with me Kev.

Matt_Seicentos

Member +
So my insurance renewal has finally come through! Being ripped off since my change from the corolla to the glanza half way through my policy.

So me:

27 yrs old.
small mods, mostly handling, everything declared (not like for like, found that out with the corolla :mad: )
clifford concept 650
low crime rate area.
good job - web designer
rented accommodation

Personally I think my quote should be far less, say about £500 - £700 considering my no claims, if not less!!!

I'll be ringing around and most probably go with Sky Insurance, maybe admin will finally get the discount for TGTT organised before my renewal in mid December?!?!?!?!...........or maybe not.

I will NEVER EVER give my business to Adrian Flux again, charged me £130 a month for the remaining 6 installments on my policy to make up the full 12 months term, even though I was insured on the corolla for the first half of the policy.

then rip me off my insurance payout on the corolla too.

RANT OVER lol!

Kev

I'm 20 and I only pay 600 quid and thats with bell, with 2 years ncb :O

Sticks

Member +
Oh my god, it should be about £200 or something :(

I am 23 with 3 years no clams and had a accident which was my fault. £440 fully comp.

Phone around mate

Kelly

Member +
deffo try admiral theres no way you should be paying that much.

also adding two named drivers on the policy brings it down an awful lot.

starbogt

Member +
love to know how all you young ones get these cheap quotes ours is 491 with all mods declared sky insurance but we just insured VR6 with chris knott I would give them a call they really are good.

Sticks

Member +
I had a subaru impreza turbo for 2 years and they said that i was ok with that car and thats why they put it down so low :)

If only they know what sort of power you can get out of the starlet :)

gtsi

Member +
I was with Bell, paying £260 fully comp with protected no claims.

Great price but grief when you make a claim and you need to note that you will not get a courtesy car if you have a Japanese import, which they say is "due to the fact that it will take several months to get the parts".

Monkfish

Member +
Flux are utter tosh, I wouldn't bother with them TBH. I'm paying £650 FC in my name, mods declared to 180bhp and I'm 25 with 4 yrs NCD, 3 points and a non-fault accident. That's with A-Plan. :cool:

smythy75

Member +
I was with Bell, paying £260 fully comp with protected no claims.

Great price but grief when you make a claim and you need to note that you will not get a courtesy car if you have a Japanese import, which they say is "due to the fact that it will take several months to get the parts".

2 days and toyota have the parts in most cases!

king_stu

Member +
Kev, i'm 27 and need to renew my insurance. Rung Flux and they quoted me £470. Best i have got so far are:
Sky insurance £397
Admiral £430

Thats with 7 years NCB (protected), no points and only D2's on the car!

dac69er

Super Moderator
Kev, i'm 27 and need to renew my insurance. Rung Flux and they quoted me £470. Best i have got so far are:
Sky insurance £397
Admiral £430

Thats with 7 years NCB (protected), no points and only D2's on the car!

thats not that brilliant to be honest!?

Kev

Member +
It may not be, lol however it's a massive improvement over my quote!!!

I'll be ringing round soon, I'll let you know what quotes I get.

Kev

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
adrian flux quoted me around 1300 quid to insure mine, beat them down to 700ish though in the end, all mods declared

scotty01

Member +
I was 27 & only paying £350 with a plan on my GT with alot more mods than that. It mainly goes on your experience of driving performance cars and where you live.