letdown

stu0500

Fresh Recruit
Hi peeps.
Had the Glanza Rollers yesterday. I was shocked and P++sed off with the readings
the car managed...
157bhp@ the fly@6300 rpm
148 torque@4900 rpm
mods fitted..
blitz de-cat
hks f-con,
hks gcc
hks fcd
blitz sus filter
welbro fuelpump
sard fuel reg
sard 330 injectors
hks acctuator set at 14psi
Blitz exhaust system
fmic
s/s exhaust manifold
custom 4 branch intake manifold

He said the fuel/air was spot on even tho it was running slightly rich.
Is this normal for the mods fitted? The guy at motorscope said if fitted a bleed valve i would get in excess of 180 bhp what do these do and are they safe?? what will a ct9b take?
I was shocked when the torque just taled off to nothing and the boost also dropped off too.
can i have some help here please.

Stu.

MentaLEP91

Member +
u should see around 170-180 depending on the mapping of the fcon and boost..
14psi means around 0.8-0.9bar right?

i think it rather runs rly rich (kinda explains the black smoke)
but its all air talk without the rr graphs and/or a a/f graph

oh and get rid of those 330cc injectors...use the stock ones..they are too big for teh ct9

stu0500

Fresh Recruit
i'll have all the graphs posted up a later tonight as they are down at my mums house and i need to collect them. i'll put the oem injectors back in then what? ... 14psi is around 0.9 bar which is safe right?

MentaLEP91

Member +
i'll have all the graphs posted up a later tonight as they are down at my mums house and i need to collect them. i'll put the oem injectors back in then what? ... 14psi is around 0.9 bar which is safe right?

put the oem injectors back in and go for another map session.
0.9bar is fairly safe to run on a ct9 as long as u got the correct supporting mods (which u have). gogo mate don't get disapointed:rockon::drive:

stu0500

Fresh Recruit
the exhust mani is a japspeed s/s one and the intake is from a uk starlet which i had the father-inlaw cut to a wider point so i could use the larger body off the glanza on.
I was told a 4 branch would be better for the air as its equal lenths.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
the exhust mani is a japspeed s/s one and the intake is from a uk starlet which i had the father-inlaw cut to a wider point so i could use the larger body off the glanza on.
I was told a 4 branch would be better for the air as its equal lenths.

try a glanza inlet manifold too if you can get one.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
The inlet mani still might be restricting it and it definately sounds like its running far too rich if you're getting excessive black soot out the exhaust.

stu0500

Fresh Recruit
tbh hardly anything but the uk one has a slightly thinner bore.
i still have the glanza inlet mani which im gonna put back on tomorrow.
My mate from sunderland who was running 350bhp in his ep82(1.5) had the same mani on. but i'll remove it and have a go on the RR. do you guys recomend a bleed valve on these?