Lower Arm Bar some info please

mcleod

Member +
i found that the 4 point lower arm bar was a major improvement. it makes the car less floppy at the front lol.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Yeah two point are still good, connects the lower arm points to make a nice big structural square. Some are a close call when it comes to exhausts so bare in mind this when you consider buying one. I too think the Ultra Racing is by far the best, had one on demo no1 and 2.

Can promote a tad more under steer but benefits are worth it, it's a FWD anyway hardly surprising! Don't forget to check/replace the lower arm bushes as well while you are there, no point adding braces if the bushes are buggered as you'll only be going backwards.

T

GTdan

In The Closet
ian - chuck us a pm with details dude.

i got ultra racing 4 point one - transformed the handling - felt alot more solid in corners.

only problem is that my exhaust catches it and rattles like a bag of spanners...needs adjusting but havent been bothered to do out yet, goign to try some heat wrap on it first to see if that quietens it down

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Yeah two point are still good, connects the lower arm points to make a nice big structural square. Some are a close call when it comes to exhausts so bare in mind this when you consider buying one. I too think the Ultra Racing is by far the best, had one on demo no1 and 2.

Can promote a tad more under steer but benefits are worth it, it's a FWD anyway hardly surprising! Don't forget to check/replace the lower arm bushes as well while you are there, no point adding braces if the bushes are buggered as you'll only be going backwards.

T

cheers for your advice. whye you think the ultra one is best? just a peice of metal? was going for a zisco one... and any pics of them fited ?? :)

Gryzor

Admin
ian - chuck us a pm with details dude.

i got ultra racing 4 point one - transformed the handling - felt alot more solid in corners.

only problem is that my exhaust catches it and rattles like a bag of spanners...needs adjusting but havent been bothered to do out yet, goign to try some heat wrap on it first to see if that quietens it down

I have the same problem with the UR one hitting the exhaust, so I took it off I'm planning to putting a whiteline ALK on so hopefully I get that extra 1cm to give me enough clearance and solve the problem ;)...

sx_turbo

Lifer
yeah they do make a huge improvement to the handling of the car, certainly promotes over steer on my setup ( i need to do some fine tuning tweaks)

sx_turbo

Lifer
I have the same problem with the UR one hitting the exhaust, so I took it off I'm planning to putting a whiteline ALK on so hopefully I get that extra 1cm to give me enough clearance and solve the problem ;)...

as far as i know the alk wont make any difference to the lower arm bar hitting the exhaust??

i think 99% of exhausts hit the lower arm bar.

although after i fitted TRD engine mounts, i found it no longer does this

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
cheers all for your inputs. anyone got some pics fitted so i can see wich bushes is talking about toby

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Front and rear lower arm bushes buddy, we have TT ones coming out in Polyurethane. It's these ones mate, no's 6 & 7:

TRD%20Bushes_5.jpg

I cannot stress how important bushes are regardless of the fact we are selling them or not, just no point adding a single brace until they are sorted as the old rubbers one don't last a life time and it's what keeps the whole car together, apart from the floor plan of course!

Rick seems odd your getting more oversteer? The stiffer you make a FWD car at the front the more understeer you get but it's all manageable, piece of pish to drive if only RWD was the same confidence inspiring drive whole new ball game. It's the same spectrum with RWD cars at the rear, the stiffer you make the rear the more oversteer you get, like the KP which is like a solid block at the back!

T

Last edited:

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Good man Gryzor, IMO the best one out there as it's the same price as the two points from the likes of Cusco and nearly 3 x the material. Just trickier with exhausts, we had a side exit so no worries there!

T

Gryzor

Admin
as far as i know the alk wont make any difference to the lower arm bar hitting the exhaust??

i think 99% of exhausts hit the lower arm bar.

although after i fitted TRD engine mounts, i found it no longer does this

the exhaust hits the back bar on the UR 4 point ARB so with the ALK on it'll drop this by about 1cm and clear the exhaust.....thats the plan.

GTdan

In The Closet
the exhaust hits the back bar on the UR 4 point ARB so with the ALK on it'll drop this by about 1cm and clear the exhaust.....thats the plan.

im going to heat wrap the exhaust and the bar - still gonna rattle, but hopefully will be alot quieter!!

Ill let you know how i get on.

Gryzor

Admin
im going to heat wrap the exhaust and the bar - still gonna rattle, but hopefully will be alot quieter!!

Ill let you know how i get on.

was thinking along the same lines myself but instead of heat wrap I was going to gluing and old bushing to the ARB bar where the exhaust was hitting....but yeah let me know how u get on with the heat wrap...I have some lying about here....

sorry for hogging the thread but does anyone have picks of the UR fender bars fitted to an EP91 ?

without the fenders on....:shoot: