My dyno graph??

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Im not all that clued up on the reasons for why power curves drop off etc.... i presume obvious reasons are restrictions and not getting enough fuel or air etc....

But what i am confused about is why at that particular RPM then suddenly goes up? :confused:

All opinions are welcome, little discussion wouldn't hurt, get people talking and maybe learn a thing or 2...

Cheerz...

310lbs of torque and 289.1BHP
SantaPodjapfinal.jpg

Last edited:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
but bad fueling caused by what? injectors? i have an uprated fuel pump so shouldnt be that surly...... im sure there are plenty of reasons this could be....

"could" a reason for the flat spot be the restrictive pipe i have... 2 inch all the way through....?

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
but bad fueling caused by what? injectors? i have an uprated fuel pump so shouldnt be that surly...... im sure there are plenty of reasons this could be....

"could" a reason for the flat spot be the restrictive pipe i have... 2 inch all the way through....?

these are only my guesss's seeing as you said everyone to have a go as i want to know what other reasons people have..

i wouldn't think that it would cause it, do you have the motec ecu tuned?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
these are only my guesss's seeing as you said everyone to have a go as i want to know what other reasons people have..

i wouldn't think that it would cause it, do you have the motec ecu tuned?

Strangely enough it was mapped after the build by fensport.... cant see it being mapped incorrectly although i could be wrong.....

sx_turbo

Lifer
Strangely enough it was mapped after the build by fensport.... cant see it being mapped incorrectly although i could be wrong.....

fensport are legends with the 3sgte engine i very highlly doubt its tuned wrong, it might be worth talking to them about it though and see if they can suggest anything.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i think probably get the 3 inch exhaust first,

i believe that in that range of rpm your not making full power, so the restriction might be enough to cause it loose power a bit, and then when it hits the power again it pulls threw the restriction? just a thought as it does look strange but it could be in the bit where the engine stutters?

get the 3 inch pipe on then take it for a rr again, if its still the same it must be a problem with the mapping

Dan3SGTE

Member +
you know what im thinking... maybe this graph is a load of shit? lol

people are telling me not to look too into it, as apparently no RR is ever the same.....

also what i noticed im sure there was no fan when he was doing it meaning no cold air being forced in the engine while reving like that...... im wondering is that flat spot even there....

maybe i should take it to a proper place and see what it makes....

@kelly... eyah when its running properly nice and cold weather it hold 1 BAR boost fine......

@180KPH.... the filter is underneath the car mate...... in the corner......

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
no fan??? that sound very wrong, get it R&R'd at a proper set up.

thought the filter might be choking it but can't see it doing that in that place.

GTti

Member +
You need AFR and boost to determine anything. And no, of course one dyno is not the same as another, you should always use the same one.

Could be harmonics, rich AFR's giving less power, boost dropping... lots of reasons.

Seems strange that the power drops where you'd expect it to be the highest in that curve.

Btw you also need a 2.5" exhaust :) Alot of power to be had in the higher revs.

Last edited:

Jules-B

Member +
hmm

i would definatly say that even if the exhuast is not causing the flat spot..it would be somthing to sort out..

there are many good exhuasts for the 3sgte engine...although you will need to get some pipes made up etcetc..i can give you some links to good backboxes if you like?

and also mate..im planning on taking my car to perfect touch...they have a v good dyno.and have heard good reports from them...so maybe we could sort out a time and maybe a couple of people and we might get it a bit cheaper or somthing???

also im on the case with the sump

are you on the stock intake?

isn't it a TVIS intake?

if I remember correctly, the intake is incredibly restrictive, and then when the TVIS opens, it would (obviously) flow much better

perhaps that flat spot is when the intake gets restrictive on you, and then it opens and it flows better?