:( my GT is sold!! :(

GTRob

Member +
:( my GT will be leaving me this afternoon :( had this guy come and test drive it yesterday and called this morning and said he has the money ready to give me today.............................but i don't wanna sell my car :( even though i need to, to get the runx but oh my gosh man if u only knew the feeling that came over me when he called and said he's taking it, i think i'm going to cry when i see it drive off later :(:(:(

only plus side to this is i'm just that much closer to getting the runx and an even bigger plus is i'm getting the money i put the car up for. he tried to get me lower but when he got in and drove it and felt the boost he changed his mind and said "u know what, leave the parts on it and i'll give u the full money :homer:"

this is going to be a real sad event though, i've been through so much with my GT in the 5yrs having it. its like my child or something, i'm sure some of u are thinking now, "what an idiot, he's getting on like this over a damn car!?!?" but its become part of me and its going to be hard to let it go. :(

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Its anything but "just" a car mate, you put all your hard work, dedication, money and time into it and it becomes a part of you, sorry to hear about the sale mate :(

Iain

GTRob

Member +
Stuff096-2.jpg

this is the last pic i have taken

Last edited:

gv1.3

Admin
I knew it would be like this if you sold her mate.

Look on the bright side.... as soon as you get your new car and spend some time working on her you will fall in love again!

Jay

Admin
Sorry to hear she's going mate. Throw a condition into the sale along the lines that he will forward you the name and address of the next owner if he sells it. Would mean that you still know her whereabouts if you ever needed to buy her back.

sx_turbo

Lifer
i felt the same way mate when my car got written off and cruely taken away. its shocking how attached you get to these starlets.

no wonder people leave and come back

GTRob

Member +
i hope he'll let me take it for one last blast before he takes it, i got to get a box to put all the extra's i have in. i told him if he gave me the full amount i would give him all my extra bits. hes also getting the safc i got earlier this year but never installed.

i'll try and get a video of my last drive in it. i'll also try and get him to sign up on here to keep her in the family still.

supercharged runx here i come

azerty

Supermoderator
I know the feeling very well Rob...
I still remember when the new owner left my place and I heard for the first time the exhaust sound from outside the car. a very weird feeling.
as jay said, make sure your name stay sticked to the car. when I sold my glanza, I told Niven that I wanted first option if he had to sell the car again. In fact he sold the glanza one week ago, I saw the car on the road with the new owner crossing my way. I felt like someone had stolen the car !!

But, I'm sure you'll have fun with the Runx too. it is still a Toyota ;)

BTW, nice photo, you need to send high rez version to me for the calendar contest !

Last edited:

Gilly2006

Member +
i know how you feel bud. when i watched my GT go down the back ally and down the road i was nearly in tears!

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
Dread i can imagine how u feel! to have spent so much time workin on ur wee baby! but like u said u gots to look at the bright side that ull be getting the runx ..

u gotta look on the bright side rob, remember the car may leave but the memories u have with the car will never leave!

go roll a batch dude, u need it!

kon

GTRob

Member +
well this will be my last post as a GT owner, i'll try and shoot a small video of my last drive. will let u all know how it go's

rob

Deano

Banned
You will probably come back to a gt mate if you are leaving the runx n/a as I went for a drive in a n/a runx and it just wasn't powerful enough hopping back in my car it felt so much faster. Are you going to supercharge the runx? It would have over 300 hp then and be very fast.

Kelly

Member +
You will probably come back to a gt mate if you are leaving the runx n/a as I went for a drive in a n/a runx and it just wasn't powerful enough hopping back in my car it felt so much faster. Are you going to supercharge the runx? It would have over 300 hp then and be very fast.

deano it is supercharged and around 300hp i think.

Rob sorry to hear the gt is going but the runx is very nice indeed. I will be exactly the same when its time to move on from mine. i feel like i will have to be in no hurry to sell just to make sure she will go to a good owner aint no chav gettin mine lol

im sure your new car will bring more memories :)

Monkfish

Member +
That has to be the nicest GT on the site. It'll be a shame to see her go, lets hope the new owner looks after her and I hope you've pointed him in our direction. :)