My RR Result

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Hey,

Thought i would just share my RR Graphs. Went down to engine tuner Saturday past and was very happy with my result. Although TD04's are making this sort of power at slightly less boost i am not letting that phase me. I do agree that maybe it was not the result i was hoping for but i have really come to realise after having driven the car after the remap it means nothing lol, Overall i was very happy and the power delivery is insane on this turbo let alone the screamer pipe that makes tonnes of noise which adds to the whole experience lol. I got a video of it but the screamer baffled most of the sound.

I have lots of potential with the turbo and can run more boost if i get the temps down a little more. I went for safety as i wanted reliability but having said this the turbo still has lots too give. I have not managed to get the A/F Ratio Graphs or the boost graph but i was running 1.5 bar and produced 271 atf 255 fpt & 228 atw.

Just thought i would share the graphs with you all.

For now i am a very happy chappy :)

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

Video:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_hEOA7wQ5UA&feature=related

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
nice smooth curves there Dane, looks like the boost comes in a lot harder than the TD04, must be fun when it kicks in :D

Chris@CCM

Member +
looks good m8 but i would realy go to a diffrent tuner mate all ur rr print out have all ways been a bit low buddy must be the tuner going to safe mate

sx_turbo

Lifer
looks good m8 but i would realy go to a diffrent tuner mate all ur rr print out have all ways been a bit low buddy must be the tuner going to safe mate

this is a different tuner to the ones he has used previous.

thats a nice result dane i must say, but as you say prob not as nice as it should be.

if you heat wrapped the manifold that would help keep your inlet temps down a bit, as the under bonnet temps wont be quite so high, i noticed this as soon as i heat wrapped my last manifold.

just out of curiousity can i ask what your average a/f was on boost?

Chris@CCM

Member +
@sx just seeing that now lol i really though it would have made more hp but as long as ur happy buddy and the car gos well :)

Dane_Bristol

Member +
nice smooth curves there Dane, looks like the boost comes in a lot harder than the TD04, must be fun when it kicks in :D

Cheers buddy its pretty mental on boost.

looks good to me mate, nice one :)

Cheers Boss

very good result mate, whats the full spec?

A very long one mate check out my Garage all is listed in there buddy.

is that ur tdo5 dane?

Yeah it is indeed mate.

It is a different tuner, do you not think its got anything to do with my MAP Sensor as i still have a stock one yet i am running 1.5 bar? Ok it might not have any relevance what so ever but its something i have thought about but i don't think that would be restricting it at all really ? Running a Power FC but always thought you needed to upgrade the map sensor when running above a certain PSI ? Just want to clear it up.

this is a different tuner to the ones he has used previous.

thats a nice result dane i must say, but as you say prob not as nice as it should be.

if you heat wrapped the manifold that would help keep your inlet temps down a bit, as the under bonnet temps wont be quite so high, i noticed this as soon as i heat wrapped my last manifold.

just out of curiousity can i ask what your average a/f was on boost?

Cheers Ricky, yeah i wanted to get the manifold Ceramic Coated which i might still do at some point, but for the time being just enjoying the car. Not sure what the Average a/f was mate i need to get hold of the graph would be nice to see but its something i never got. Martyn done a good job i think.

sx_turbo

Lifer
thats fair comment dane.

i personally dont like tuners not giving me everything on paper it's just since i had a bad experience once before.

but as you say martin is a good tuner and i havnt heard anything bad about him.

main thing is your happy mate.

also about the map sensor thing, getting an upgraded one will probably help a bit, as the ecu cant see the boost past 1 bar at the moment as u have the stock sensor.
i'm not sure this will make a difference in power but should in theory make a difference to the map

BallıGee

Member +
get the apexi boost control kit for your pfc it comes with a 3bar map sensor
and plugs into your ecu and you can have 4 boost setting and a datalogit to save a few maps for differnt boost

thats what ill be doin with my cruise zisco kit

abbott

Member +
well done matey good result. Who cares what it says on paper its the way it performs when your driving it.

RE map sensor my mate used a cossie 3bar map sensor if thats any help

sx_turbo

Lifer
get the apexi boost control kit for your pfc it comes with a 3bar map sensor
and plugs into your ecu and you can have 4 boost setting and a datalogit to save a few maps for differnt boost

thats what ill be doin with my cruise zisco kit

finding one is the problem

BallıGee

Member +
ive just bought one from rhd and its in customs waiting for me to pick up
very dear now as a year ago they were £180 now £260 plus charges

Don't worry too much about the RR figures mate, If it goes well and your happy with it, then thats what matters although yes I woulda expected more from a TD05 at 1.5 bar of boost. 255lb'ft torque = put it down to the ground wthout wheelspin and Im sure you'll be going past lot of higher BHP cars! ;)

Also when you say temps, Im presuming you mean EGT's?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i would be happy with that sort of power....

and the main think is the pull on the graph looks spot on really...... nice one