My Toyota Starlet on dyno 02.02.08

Gee

Member +
So you running just a stock ECU and RRFPR? Or any other type of fuel control?

Good result.

Who made the hybrid?

speedvision

Member +
So you running just a stock ECU and RRFPR? Or any other type of fuel control?

Good result.

Who made the hybrid?

for standard management thats a excellent figure mate...good going....with a tunable ecu i bet u may hit 225 bhp with that monster hybrid ct9

sam

Kelly

Member +
Nice figure, although i really think people should post up their full spec and have RR proof (ie a graph) :p

scottydouk

Member +
Nice figure, although i really think people should post up their full spec and have RR proof (ie a graph) :p

Engine:
Large front mounted air filter, HKS blow off valve, FSE adjustable fuel regulator, 305cc Supra injectors, HKS turbo actuator, Hybrid CT9 turbo running 17psi, Blitz EBC, turbo back decat custom exhaust system with jap style rear silencer, blue Samco coolant and intake hoses, chrome HKS oil cap, oil breather catch tank, full forge front mount intercooler, modified stainless steel exhaust manifold, uprated high flow fuel pump, greedy fuel cut defence, nos (cant use at mo as clutch slips :(

TurboDave

Member +
I am confused

Looking at the graph I dont know what percentage they have used to work out the flywheel bhp because it has according to the graph 159bhp at the wheels which works out at 187bhp allowing for 18% in transmission losses?

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I am confused

Looking at the graph I dont know what percentage they have used to work out the flywheel bhp because it has according to the graph 159bhp at the wheels which works out at 187bhp allowing for 18% in transmission losses?

The wheelpower is 180hp and the engine torque is around the 150ftlb.

Also on decent rollers they don't just use percentages, they use the rollers to work out the drivetrain losses by measuring the resistive force through the wheels with no load applied.

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
I am confused

the blue line is fly wheel power, the red line at the bottom is wheel horse power and the redline at the top is torque.

its not very clear.

and im not a fan of engine advantages dyno, im sure its not calibrated right.

according to that graph you only have 160 wheel horse power.

so you've lost about 50 horses in the transmission. (the same thing happened to me)

TurboDave

Member +
The wheelpower is 180hp and the engine torque is around the 150ftlb.

Also on decent rollers they don't just use percentages, they use the rollers to work out the drivetrain losses by measuring the resistive force through the wheels with no load applied.

Na its not, the wheel power is 159bhp its the bottom red line, the red line at the top is flywheel torque.

I know that they measure transmission losses through drag but 18% is a generally accepted loss for a fwd and not 34%.

Not knocking your result Scotty just trying to work it out.

Dave

Last edited: