Owen Developments today

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
I'm booked in to get my car set up today. I'm gonna ask them to set my boost controller to 1.1 bar (1.2 if he thinks it can take it) and use the fpr/safc to set up the fuelling accordingly. I'll let you all know how I get on when I get back, I'm hoping for some good results, anything above 180 @ the fly will put a smile on my face.

sx_turbo

Lifer
fingers crossed they do a much better job than the last couple of idiots who have said they've tuned your car

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Its never fucking easy is it?! Got to Owen Developments and gave the car over, first problem, the SAFC wasn't wired in properly, it wasn't actually adjusting anything. Fucking useless twats that set it up. Anyway I went and sat back in the waiting room and the guy came out and told me he's having a nightmare, got the safc working and turned the boost down to 0.7bar and did a run to check the fueling, got to about 6.5k revs and it threw a fucking con rod! Words cannot describe how gutted I am. So now I'm on the look out for a bottom end and forged rods and pistons. And a lottery win woyuld probably help too!

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Oh christ that is shite, I thought I had bad luck. Give a bollocking to the jokers that supposedly fitted and mapped the safc aswell!:flame:

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
They're over in Cyprus mate, not gonna be hearing from them again. Its just really wierd, I've been running 1bar for ages now and apart from being far too rich its been ok, turn the boost down and it goes pop. Really don't need it right now, I'm skint, got the Reading festival coming up and my wife starts uni in september. Fuck knows how I'm gonna get the money together to get it fixed. :(

Elaine

Lifer
Holly shit that’s not good!! So sorry to hear this Hutch… why did it through a rod though :confused:

Elaine

Lifer
Hmm very odd, how was the engine before you took it there?? This is something I would expect to happen from an engine like mine.. High mileage, breaths rather heavy ect or just turning the boost up with out the correct mods

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
everything seemed to be in order, who knows mate. its not worth speculating about. my engine is fucked and i need it to be unfucked!

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Cheers guys. I think I'm gonna have to set up a charity to get it sorted though. I know the good people of this forum will all pull together for me! :p

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Oh well, I'm trying to look on the bright side, if I can get the money together to forge I know I'll have a good strong engine capable of pretty much whatever I want to do with it. It will open up a whole host of options. I may have to sell my body to medical science to fund it though!