Part Numbers Section

The 'part numbers' section should focus on

• Total voters

Kev

Member +
agreed I think this would be a fantastic forum.

It would save on lots of posts with people asking for part numbers and I think a forum could be created with sub forums for each section, like interior, exterior, engine etc...

Nice idea Idrees.

Kev

Jay

Admin
It will be a bugger to organise neatly. Right, what sort of form should this take lads, any ideas other than:

Engine
Drivetrain & Chassis
Body
Electrical

These are the categories taken from Toyota's own parts system. Should we change them?

sx_turbo

Lifer
do you know how many differents part numbers there are??

also people call different parts of the car different names e.g some say FANBELT others say DRIVE BELT, there both the same but people say them different which means when people ty to find what there looking for they wont find it. also some times you need the pictures to get the right part, i'm not sure if this would be possible.

Idrees

Banned
It will be a bugger to organise neatly. Right, what sort of form should this take lads, any ideas other than:

Engine
Drivetrain & Chassis
Body
Electrical

These are the categories taken from Toyota's own parts system. Should we change them?
That sounds right to me...

do you know how many differents part numbers there are??

also people call different parts of the car different names e.g some say FANBELT others say DRIVE BELT, there both the same but people say them different which means when people ty to find what there looking for they wont find it. also some times you need the pictures to get the right part, i'm not sure if this would be possible.
Probably about a million? Lol!

It works wonders on UKSC mate.

Jay

Admin
Trust me, I know what a task this would be. ;)

By the time we catalogued the part numbers half of them would be discontinued...but it would be a SERIOUS addition to the site don't you think?

Idrees

Banned
I think we're both thinking differently.. I was thinking that people could just request part numbers in that section and maybe the numbers that requested quite often could just be posted and locked. I don't mean you personally should just chuck all the Starlet's part numbers on, that'd be a b*stard!

sx_turbo

Lifer
i think it would be best to put the popular part numbers first, then as people request new part numbers, add them to the list.

cos it will take ages to put all the part numbers down.

Jay

Admin
The more I think of this, the more complicated it would become.

An average on 7000 parts make up a motor vehicle. That's a BIG section. In fact that's a BIG MESSY section if the spam monkeys get near it..

How about a vault of info that no-one can post in? Part numbers are discussed and confirmed before it goes into the vault. Sounds about right to me?

We could fuse it into our Resolved sections to keep the place neat.

Jay

Admin
Take a look at UKSC's part number section to get an idea of what I mean :)

Was thinking of something more grand than a clatter of random topics mate. Our last parts section was exactly the same. Would prefer something more usable TBH.

SupaStu

Member +
Jay

A parts section would be ace, been wanting something like this for some time now. Really handy for common things that are asked as well, like all types of light clusters for the glanza (full versions, not the lenses).

Sections like suspension, brakes, then engine etc (largest area im sure) - with some blown up diagrams of the commonly used parts would be good, e.g. bushing areas, links, etc

You could add to it by the most requested areas, and build it up slowly rather than try to put everything on at once. To start with EP82 GTs and Glanza Vs.

Part numbers for revised body parts would be useful e.g. Glanza 96 - 99 bumpers etc. Not sure how much server space you have, if this would take up too much space?

Cheers
Stu

Corty

Member +
would it not be easier as a start to let owners add the part numbers they allready have

for example i have the part numbers for the clear front indicators and reverse light switch
these were a bitch to get hold of if you dont own a 99 glanza as the 96 part numbers are for orange lenses,

obviously if i put these in a post that said "clear indicator lenses"
you could search that and find it.

just a sugestion
as we only really need part numbers for stuff people have had to replace for the moment.

:ep91: