Rant about bloody police!!

si-87

Member +
got a £60 fine and 3 points for picking up my phone, the thing was the road was empty and i was at the traffic lights the copper was on the other side of the road put his foot down and did a u turn as if a bloody bank had been robbed!!

No respect for them at all bunch of wankers, no where to be found when my car was brocken into, or when my mates car was robbed :mad::mad::mad:

glanzanut

Lifer
well im soz bud but i never use my phone when driving and saying the roads were empty and u were stopped at lights doesnt cut it. my sister was hit by a guy on his mobile so i put them in the same catagory as drink drivers. copper was perfectly right imo soz:freddy:

Dave.

Member +
Did you answer it or just pick it up?

I've heard of people being fined for just picking it up, ringing or not. Which is obviously wrong.

However, I don't think that there is a considerable distinction between using a handsfree kit and talking directly on the mobile tbh. It's not the holding a phone, it's the fact that the conversation can/does distract you. Anyway, I'm going off topic lol

Dave

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
is it not illigal that you pick a phone while you are driving? :) we all did it but you where not lucky.

Did you answer it or just pick it up?

I've heard of people being fined for just picking it up, ringing or not. Which is obviously wrong.

However, I don't think that there is a considerable distinction between using a handsfree kit and talking directly on the mobile tbh. It's not the holding a phone, it's the fact that the conversation can/does distract you. Anyway, I'm going off topic lol

Dave

its proved that driving and talking on your phone is worst then driving after some alcahol

Dave.

Member +
Yea, I agree sheldon, totally!

I don't think talking on a phone should be allowed at all. I don't think a car-kit is an acceptable way around the not using a phone while driving thing. I believe the law just covers using the actual handset, rather than making a phone call, or answering one (assumably via a car-kit).

Dave

Jay

Admin
Even handling a mobile while in the driving seat can attract prosecution. It's a common misconception that you have to be talking on it to be fined.

I leave mine in the door pocket out of reach, the risk is not worth it.

Idrees

Banned
As much as it sucks you can't even handle a phone while driving, I got 3 points for handling mine too.

monka

Member +
agree with most of the above, you broke the law, tbh i think people that use there phones while at the wheel are a bunch of cunts

turbo-fever

Member +
yet your aloud to play about with your stereo and i am sorry if picked my phone up to have a look and see who was ringin BUT DIDNT answer it i would fuckin annoyed to

D1v

Member +
agree with most of the above, you broke the law, tbh i think people that use there phones while at the wheel are a bunch of cunts

i think thats bullshit well the c*** part anyways ur opionin fair enough. my opinion h8 how this country is so health and safety mad its all about f***** money, fair enough i think people should be fined for using your fone while driving bur a little comon sense used, whats actually wrong with looking at your phone maybe to see if you have recieved a text or important phone call while sitting stationary at lights even using ur phone i dont think is criminal aslong as your not driving!

Rumel786

Member +
i use my phone to play music on my stereo via bluetooth,will i get fined for changing song,increasing volume etc from phone while driving?

Dave.

Member +
Driving related functions are actually ok, which is why it's safe to use an iPod, or a headunit, and even sat-nav. I've asked this before and I'm sure that's the official stance.

I guess sat-nav/music on your phone is a grey area, I'd double check it personally :) Ideally, I'd get a stand/holder and operate the phone from there, that way it's clear you didn't have any intention to use it as a phone (except maybe loudspeaker, which is ok I think).

Dave

si-87

Member +
yeh i know if you done something wrong fair enuff i can accept that, but my car was stationary n handbrake on i only picked my phone up. i was at traffic lights on a road that was empty, he sed i may have run someone over, ummm yeh but the fact there is no pavemnets there, and no one in sight makes it unlikely, yeh a little disgetion ...........

si-87

Member +
well im soz bud but i never use my phone when driving and saying the roads were empty and u were stopped at lights doesnt cut it. my sister was hit by a guy on his mobile so i put them in the same catagory as drink drivers. copper was perfectly right imo soz:freddy:

sorry for you bud, but as above, i wasnt actually moving even my handbrake was on, cant see the danger in that