Reputation System be moderated.

I believe a new moderator should be made dedicated to monitor the Rep system.

IMO reputation should only be given to people for technical advice only.
I have recieved rep before for posting youtube links etc... :rolleyes:

Now I see some members with 200 - 300 - 400 rep points on the forum and been honest they dont really have a clue!

Jay

Admin
You'd be surprised what I've caught amongst the rep content Aidan, some of it is laughable. I've started to trawl through the whole lot on a month by month basis recently.

Jay

turbojim

Lifer
i think this is a good idea man

REP please hahahahahaha :haha::haha::haha: joke

no seriously i think it is

I
IMO reputation should only be given to people for technical advice only.
I

Surely not just technical.

Going off your other thread people should have rep for being good sellers, that to me would be more sensible and would show who is to be trusted.

Maybe what we could do is have two sets of reps. Sounds crazy but bare with me hear.

First set could be for technical so people no who to listen to then next could be sales rep, then again if someones rep is high then they can be trusted.

sorto along ebay positive feedback score thingy majiggy lol

try and kill two birds with one stone cut down shite sales and mis use of rep

Surely not just technical.

Going off your other thread people should have rep for being good sellers, that to me would be more sensible and would show who is to be trusted.

Maybe what we could do is have two sets of reps. Sounds crazy but bear with me hear.

First set could be for technical so people no who to listen to then next could be sales rep, then again if someones rep is high then they can be trusted.

sorto along ebay positive feedback score thingy majiggy lol

try and kill two birds with one stone cut down shite sales and mis use of rep

This is exactly what I was going to post up:p

I was thinking about the REP system been used for good sellers etc... BUT if you read a few of the recent threads some of the "scammers" have a very high reputation.

But yea a seperate rep system for the classifieds would be great

This is exactly what I was going to post up:p

I was thinking about the REP system been used for good sellers etc... BUT if you read a few of the recent threads some of the "scammers" have a very high reputation.

But yea a seperate rep system for the classifieds would be great

yeah yeah heard it afore :p oj mate,

it would be a good idea, and that there cant be molested if you get me!

Ahh very good point i see fishy had a high rep, but would he have had that if not answered so many technical questions, maybe if this system was in place afore that he might not have had a high rep in sales

BallıGee

Member +
how do u see other peoples rep i mean what they got it for

i know how to see mine but thats it ?

and to be honest i don't deserve some of them

some have been given for sweet FA

a mod for this section would be good

question is can one mod Handel it

Phil

Super Moderator
absolutely guilty, of mis-use of the rep system as you fellas describe it.

id rep someone for being helpful directly to me or indirectly at times also.
id rep someone for just a buildup of constructive posts or threads, as by way of appreciation of a member taking the time to produce good threads or interesting topics!

take Alfraido(sp) for example. it nice to give rep to a guy like this who regulary and unerringly produces the goods for Tgtt.com always a write up, always some pics.

this fella^^ and many other gents besides him, make this a fantastic community to be associated with. intelligent and humourous posters rate high with me i like to see them active.

having a reputation onsite should be different from having a sales rep or a technical rep.

its possibly an idea to appoint some specific technical staff and call them such rather than mods so as to make new members aware that when any of this select post, their info should be taken as gospel. (granted it would take smart appointments in this department)

so there you have it, some opinions and an idea!

Phil

lingl9z

Member +
I think they should have a seperate 'sellers' rep under there name, i know we have the feedback thread in place, but its often overlooked by buyers when they see a nice little deal !

Gryzor

Admin
I think the rep system is grand the way it is, you just don't know when someone is going to go postal, even some of the best traders / members have fallen to the wayside.

Everyone should be able to contribute in different ways to the community.

You'll normally get a good idea of how technical someone is by having a quick scan through their old posts.

durmz

Member +
i think the rep system for sales is a good idea, especially for the traders obviously.

but as for the rep system as it is i think its fine, like a few have said reputation should be given to those contributing to the site not just technically. for instance giving reputation to someone who's posted a joke up that made u laugh, dont see the problem with that, or when someone go's out of there way to get pictures up from car shows.

i personally think the problem is some people dont use the negative rep button, those not technically minded should not post if they dont know some thing for certain, if sumone posts up rubbish then bosh.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
i think the rep system for sales is a good idea, especially for the traders obviously.

but as for the rep system as it is i think its fine, like a few have said reputation should be given to those contributing to the site not just technically. for instance giving reputation to someone who's posted a joke up that made u laugh, dont see the problem with that, or when someone go's out of there way to get pictures up from car shows.

i personally think the problem is some people dont use the negative rep button, those not technically minded should not post if they dont know some thing for certain, if sumone posts up rubbish then bosh.

I think its pointless people giving rep when somebody posts up something funny, I thought the point in the reputation is that it shows someone is helpful and the information they're providing is reliable, not that they can make someone "lol".

I agree with Aidan that you see people with pretty high rep but that I wouldn't trust any of their technical advice.

Last edited:

350ep70gr

Member +
I think that admins must add a section on the user profile where can be seen for what reason someone has receive his reputation point. So if i hit a user name with 500 rep point can be able to see if he was receiving rep for good jokes ,technical advice ,good sale or whatever!
Or a feed back system for each member instead of rep points so everyone can explain there why he is giving his rep point.
Or when you hit the scale for rep someone to appear tick boxes to check first if it is technical,funny,sale.

Chris

dac69er

Super Moderator
i tend to get bad rep by accident as some people seem to press the wrong button? ive been on here ages so doesnt bother me much but bit annoying when you see that bad rep in your user cp when you have done nothing wrong :(

gv1.3

Admin
i tend to get bad rep by accident as some people seem to press the wrong button? ive been on here ages so doesnt bother me much but bit annoying when you see that bad rep in your user cp when you have done nothing wrong :(

just checked your rep there mate and no one has ever left you negative rep.
This has been covered a lot now but you might have missed it. If the box is blue it means the person that left you rep has no ability to add or subtract from your rep because they either have not been a member long enough, dont have enough posts or have less than 10 rep points themselves :)

gv1.3

Admin
sorry. im a pleb. obviously havnt been on here long enough ;)

yeah... damn newbs :p

Also for those who say you shouldnt leave rep for a joke etc... the purpose of the rep system to allow people thank each other and generally show support or lack of support for someones post. It is not and has never been intended to measure someones technical knowledge.

I often go in to threads in the welcome section and rep people for giving a warm welcome to new members. They are portraying the site in a positive manner and making new members feel welcome and the rep system allows me to say "thanks for making new members feel welcome".

Dont take it all too seriously lads they are just brief comments and are monitored to ensure the system is not abused.

Dave.

Member +
Imo, it's not "Technical knowledge" points, it's exactly what it says on the tin - "Rep Points".

As long as people aren't cheating the system (multiple accounts or something) then I don't think it's reasonable to moderate it that strictly.

It's like the post count - for sale threads count towards it, but chill out room doesn't and so on... I think it's fine the way it is. Change for change's sake is silly.

Just my opinion though :)

Dave