starlet glanza easy to steal??

jasonsweb99

Fresh Recruit
Im new to the forum and im looking to buy a starlet turbo glanza in the next couple of months. i was just wondering what sort of security they have from factory?, and is it advised to get a cat 1 alarm fitted right away? because when i get mine, i dont want some little sh*t thinking he can have a go in it aswell!.

Cheers Jason

rb69

Member +
Get a disklok as well. Fits all the way around the steering wheel so they can't steer it.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Who's glanza have you seen here that you're wanting to steal?! Go on own up....

Seriously though a good alarm should be the first mod you do.;) Welcome to the site.:)

59bhp

Member +
was the first mod i did, invested in a clifford g5 alarm with turbo timer. The cost nearly crippled me at the time but its a helluva lot cheaper than having your car knicked.

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Any sporty car needs an alarm, irrespective of how easy it is to steal or not, as it also protects against idiots damaging it. Plus, if it's certified, it'll save you money on your insurance.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
there fairly eaasy to get into, i found this out when i got locked out of mine.

Best bet is an alarm and a cut-off switch

Nwimie

Member +
i went an extra £600 quid in debt ontop of buying the car straight away for some decent security. its a must IMO.

SiTRD

Member +
i am not bragging but i struggle to even start mine with the key and that so i dont think they will get far with mine :)

Chris

Member +
My first mod also, clifford cat 1 :D, put your mind at ease aswell when u leave it somwhere u thats kinda dodgy. i also wired up a hidden fuel cut off switch.

gv1.3

Admin
get an alarm... pager is what I have and its very good.

I also have a full steering wheel lock... yes it looks like a frying pan when its rattling round the car but they are hard enough to get off with the key so must add some security!

got_boost?

Member +
havin a alarm was a must for me on my glanza cos insurance companys would not insure me unless the car was fitted with a cat 1 alarm.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
My first mod also, clifford cat 1 :D, put your mind at ease aswell when u leave it somwhere u thats kinda dodgy. i also wired up a hidden fuel cut off switch.

I have the same as well as a second switch elsewhere, so even if they do find the first they'll never find the second

ryan_v

Lifer
i used 2 break into my sr all the time the alarm locks the doors automatically after 10 seconds or so after starting the car and if id forgot something id stupidly nip out of the car n close the door. also happend when i crashed it and the radiator had took a smash n it nearly over heated.... bad times

there easy to get into dont no about starting it once ur in tho

alan_d

Lifer
interesting to see no-one mentioning trackers yet,

by far and away the best mod ive seen is the snap off steering wheel. Dirt cheap given how effective it is, and you cant steer a car with no wheel!