TGTT MEMBERS GARAGE** Please Read

gv1.3

Admin
Hi all,

One of the most widely used and interesting sections on the site is the Members Cars section.

This section is just another forum and we decided that our members cars really needed a better interface that can allow us to comment, display and search in a more effective manner.

We have implemented an all new TGTT Members Garage which allows our paid members display their cars in a nicer more "blog" type style with really nice new features.

Like all things in life the best way to get an idea of how it all works is to use it so simply click on the "TGTT Members Garage" on the nav bar beside your user cp.

Some of the features this section offer are detailed below:

• Catagory per member which allows multiple cars per member
  • Advanced search feature allowing a user to specify meta key words
  • Advanced editing features including the ability to save a long post as a draft and publish it later
  • Ability to hide your car from all but those on your buddy list
  • Nice layout for advanced and detailed members car threads
  • Comments guest book per members car garage "Stamp the logbook" feature
  • Advanced sorting features - View most recent by last day, 2 days, 3 days, 25 entries, 50 entries etc etc etc...
  • Rating system for members to rate your car

We will be further customizing this section in the coming days but for now it is ready to go.

IMPORTANT!!!! This section will be replacing the members car forum as a far more effective way for you to show others your car. Both members cars and the TGTT Garage will run for one month but after 1 month the members car forum will be closed and we will be moving completely to the TGTT Garage. Please open your TGTT Garage as soon as you can.

If you have any questions on this great new feature please post a reply in this thread.

Regards,

TGTT Staff

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Thats wot it is!!!! I was thinking I was imagining things, I knew there where more options along the top!

Damn 5:40am drinkin plays tricks on ur brain! But the F1 is exciting so far!

Jay

Admin
Another great step forward Dylan, love the added security of only showing your cars to people you trust. It will make a worthy replacement for the MC's section. :cool:

L900CMC

Member +
Its looking good,il have to get on the pc later

I noticed the white ?members garage? at the top right of the page isnt complete,mine reads members gar,hmmm members garden anyone? We could set it in malta so the sun always shines:haha:

Jus a heads up,not picking holes!

Chris

stuart

Member +
Had a quick look see in the garage and was scared to hit new post button, will have to find out how to put a garage thread thing up in the right section!!

~ Stu

Idrees

Banned
Looks good, but I'll be here all year transferring stuff over. I love the Members cars section :( :(

Can we not keep both?

Rory

Lifer
Going what Idrees has said,
Ive just had a look, to see if we can merge or move the current "Members Cars" thread into the garage?

Would save atarting all over again?

Is there anyway of doing this?

gv1.3

Admin
Hi guys,

as this is not a forum as such it is not possible to move items from the forum into it.

I understand some people have large members car threads but the majority of the posts in the threads are replies from other members.

The actual car updates should not take more than a month to move across - regardless of the size of your thread.

Keeping both the members car forum and members garage is not an option. The new section has so many more features and has had a lot of time spent on it to make posting, searching and updating a better experience than the members car section so I suggest you give it a try and get your updates moved across.

I remember when we moved to this forum software a lot of people asked for a proper members car section unfortunately its taken some time to get there but here it is.

Idrees

Banned
Had to make a new thread for the third time now! Oh well, good work guys.

But we cannot even edit our threads after an hour!!!! Can that please be changed? Would make it easier to get all updates in one post. And I've made several mistakes on mine, I'd rather have the ability to sort it out myself instead of keeping bugging the mods.

Last edited:

Elaine

Lifer
Thanks Idress :D I think this is a good idea a nice fresh start :) Wil be great for those that have huge threads get everything in one list :)

gv1.3

Admin
can edit indefinately now - well spotted Idrees.

As for having to make a new thread 3 times now... its not like we are changing it every week Idrees.. its probably been 3 times in about 3 years and in my opinion is worth it for the extra functionality.

Idrees

Banned
Three times in just over two years. (Edit - actually in just over 18 months)

But like Elaine said, it helps keep it clean so I'm not TOO fussed! Thanks for fixing that, need to make a few changes. :)

Last edited:

gv1.3

Admin
Three times in just over two years.

But like Elaine said, it helps keep it clean so I'm not TOO fussed! Thanks for fixing that, need to make a few changes. :)

Sorry just over two years... Just shows how much effort we put into creating new features and keeping the site an interesting place to use and visit.

Max pictures has now been set to 0 which means unlimited and max char is now set to 40,000 which is a lot more than is allowed on the forum so a nice long detailed members car page will be possible.

Elaine

Lifer
Max pictures has now been set to 0 which means unlimited and max char is now set to 40,000 which is a lot more than is allowed on the forum so a nice long detailed members car page will be possible.

I think thats great going back through my thread now I think this new garage will really show how much cars have come on :D and be so much better for others to view the whole thread!!

Top work Dylan :rockon:

Jay

Admin
Just been reading through the first garage submissions and it makes me realise how much work has been going into these cars.

It's amazing to see all the updates put into one writeup and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest being carried over.

gv1.3

Admin
thanks for the feedback guys. I have to say... having read through some of the threads there they are bloody excellent. I personally love the layout of the nice long threads.

I am deffinately going to make an effort with mine now and try get some pics up and a good bit of detail on what I have done.

Dont forget that aswell as leaving replies you can also leave feedback in the "logbook" on the right hand side menu in a members car thread :)

I really wasnt expecting so many people to get their members cars up and running so quickly but my god in one day its looking amazing. I can imagine landing on our site as a new member and looking at these cars... I would be in awe!