The Dreaded Search Button

Help useing search.. ?

How the hell do i search on for example an LSD .. i keep getting this

"The search term you specified (lsd) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific."

and its realllly annoying! :confused:

Jay

Admin
Ah, look who it is...I thought TGTT was dead?

Anyways, I'd spotted that bug in the software, just waiting on Mack to get back before he can fix it. I'll update this post when we get it sorted.

Jay

Admin
does limited slip dif or sumthing similar not work?

Yeah but it's not ideal to be honest. You can't search for ECU, ABS, BOV, etc etc.

The search engine controls aren't accessible to admin, needs Macker to change them from what I can see.

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
searching for 3 letter words

there has been a few times when ive been searching for things with three letters but it wont let me.
like error codes i was trying to search by just entering the specific code so i could hopefully get a good match.

would be great if it could be sorted out.
:)

Jay

Admin
Aye, I haven't a baldy how to fix it. Guessing it's a job for the Mackman when he gets back online. It is most certainly a pain in the ass.

ryan_v

Lifer
ive tryd searching a few things that are only 3 letters long but cant make em any longer like, oil catch can wont search because of oil.

turbo-dan

Member +
so many members are quick to give people abuse when posting questions

they tell them to use the search button

has any1 tried searching useing this lately all you get is page upon page of random rubbish in some cases, and normaly evolves around slagging some1 or some thing off,

how in any way can all that nonesense be usefull lol

please dont get me wrong it can be usefull if you have got the paitence to sift through it all

but also there is to many views and not enouth facts ( to many bhp pub talkers )

i will post examples 2morow lol

parkiboy

Member +
agree with you 100% on this ive been told to use the search button before...

before you say it you try wading thro 100s of non relvent threads that come up looking for your answer, i tend to look before hand but if i dont find it within 5-10mins then ill make a post.