We knew it was special!!!

alan_d

Lifer
Most of you will recall the Race GT that came in, just as Jap-imports4u was launched???

It had an awesome spec, and I will personally never forget the priviledged passenger ride I experienced in it.

I got a full hyper rev tonight, and shared it with Chris, who upon leafing through it, spotted something familiar - the Race GT!!!

even the boost levels are the same, just some details have changed since its feature in Hyper rev it seems, ie the wheels and some trimmings - but here she is in all her glory:

racegt.jpg

and as it later stood in japan in a spec before a deal was struck:

s_1.jpg

s_3.jpg

we'll not post any more till its new owner furnishes us with his own approved photos!

Again health to enjoy to its new owner with your piece of EP history!

Jay

Admin
Good spot Alan,

I passed it the other night on the way home.

That explains why I was so fond of it...couldn't quite put my finger on it till now! :homer:

alan_d

Lifer
I cant claim credit for the spot - that goes to our eagle eyed spec spotter mi16_chris...

He even had the pump spec nailed on the head maybe, what, a month ago?, the injectors were still 370s, turbo kit all present and correct, coilovers as original, cage still original etc...

Jay

Admin
Hang on, just had a text from him - he sounds as excited as I would be after a spot like that! :)

Rik

Member +
That's a pretty cool find! Must be ace seeing that your car was in the mags back in the homeland :) I'd be excited too if i was him haha. Just wished they kept the toms wheels on :( Looks tons better with em!

sx_turbo

Lifer
shame the power fc got nicked, and the engine went pop.

but things can only get better, and at least it has some heritage.

also why is the front toms bumper missing?

Chris@CCM

Member +
shame the power fc got nicked, and the engine went pop.

but things can only get better, and at least it has some heritage.

also why is the front toms bumper missing?
engines fixed now buddy and runing sweet. theres a good few parts not on it now but im 100% its marks car as in the engine bay pix theres a few things that stant out

alan_d

Lifer
like most track cars, they suffer war wounds living on the edge, it was no doubt replaced by Yoshina M, at some point in its life. The aftermarket bumper would have been GRP thus brittle.

lots of little subtle changes have been made since the feature which must be years ago now, parts dont last forever :(

Dane_Bristol

Member +
You know i thought i regonised this Starlet when i first saw it on here but couldnt place it i think i have the same Hyper Rev issue that has this Starlet in it and now it all becomes clear. Great GT thats foresure !

Jay

Admin
yes great find chris cheers, ill hada get a toms bumper for it then get some new pics up

The TGTT 'Luckybastardoftheweek' award goes to you!

And we thought they were all in pieces 8 years on from the Hyper Rev EP edition! That one sneaked in under the radar :rockon:

goldenvtr

Member +
That black GT in the hyper revs book along with the official Toms red GT have been my insperation. dont think i done too badly. jsut a shame the black one seems to have lost its looks over the years:p

DSC01074.jpg