well gutted, gt needs booking with welder.....

rwdrev

Member +
463837_517581498261547_640849557_o.jpg

cleaned up the passenger sill tonight, and ended up cutting a 7" strip out over the 2nd from front skirt fixing :(:(

thought for once i had a car not needing welded. o well.......

hekker

Fresh Recruit
wel atleast the inside sill looks rust free so wont be to much work id say best of luck whit it anyways

Fro

Member +
looks fucked to me, be as well selling up, i'll do you a favour and take that bonnet off your hands ;)

:haha:

rwdrev

Member +
rest of its fine, its just where the shit has sat in the skirt. this little patch is nothing, not when i did a mini in 11 weeks (usual mini, complete front end, front floors, bulkhead, heel board, boot floor, inner and outer sills, boot hinge pannel and de-seam, shell paint, and put back together, tested and drove 600mile a week later) lol

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
rwdrev - Ive never seen a hole that big!!! LOL! that is a piss weak pic to put up LOL!!! That can be welded right up within a few minuts Lol!!!

but mayb e you want to buy another car now? LOL

or shell? LOL!! (going off your unfortunate engine experience) LOL

I shouldnt laff :(

rwdrev

Member +
a pics a pic, hole is a hole, most folk get the jist. lol. nah, cars coming together now, just sent the hubs away to get the new caliper brackets made, engine and box is now dangling from the crane awaiting the water pump housing o ring seal for the water pipe and the "fresh" engine will be ready to go in, hopefully wednesday (allowing time for the parts to arrive)

rest of its fine, its just where the shit has sat in the skirt. this little patch is nothing, not when i did a mini in 11 weeks (usual mini, complete front end, front floors, bulkhead, heel board, boot floor, inner and outer sills, boot hinge pannel and de-seam, shell paint, and put back together, tested and drove 600mile a week later) lol

Fit about ur Landy :)

rwdrev

Member +
lol. thats had loads aswell, patched the rear cross member, drivers side bulkhead rigger, passenger side corner of the chassis, 2 door pillars and footwells, 2nd engine (tho its a conversion to later 200 tdi) and 3 gearboxes. away to go weld some door bottoms into it so the doors actually seal at the top and stop the draught (or more accurately, gail force wind) lol

Vincent-ep91

Member +
While we are on the topic of rust. What are peoples opinions of putting on aftermarket sideskirts without blocking the holes down by the sills which keep the standard skirts on?

I`m sure plenty of people have done this?
Let us know lads....

George611

Member +
Block the holes up! the inner sil and box section will jus rot like crazy. If its any help 5 door mk3 fiesta sils are a close match to starlet sils at quarter the price (Y)

Jay

Admin
Thread revival..

George how did you go about sorting your sills, did you get away with patching them up or go for fresh sills in the end?

From what I see I might be dealing with this issue myself. Just building up the courage to take the sill trims off and look properly lol. :eek:

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Thread revival..

George how did you go about sorting your sills, did you get away with patching them up or go for fresh sills in the end?

From what I see I might be dealing with this issue myself. Just building up the courage to take the sill trims off and look properly lol. :eek:

You might also be able to see it by taking the rear passenger door card/trim off and having a look down there... I know I can. :(