Went to Santapod today

goldenvtr

Member +
We only got there at 3pm as i decided to go at 12 (was bored) and had to wait for a mate to get ready lol

didnt do very well, had 4 runs, 1st run was just rubbish launch 13.9 second then did a 13.6 then was my best run at 13.41@108mph but still had loads of improvment to be made then my last run the boost pipe on the intercooler decided to pop off so didnt bother getting that ticket lol
also my clutch has now decided to start slipping, i suspect it was slipping in 4rth on the strip too as it got a bit juddery :(

but i did see a glanza there must of left when i got there, was a 98 spec with varis bonnet

this was my slip for the best run

60ft = 2.3
330ft = 6.03
1/8 =8.86
1/8mph= 98.3
1000ft 11.33
1/4 13.41
1/4mph = 108.01

i didnt take my slicks as i had nowhere to keep the other alloys whilst i was running so im saving them till Shakespear.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Ahhh still good times though mate you will get there soon and crack into the 12s i hope to come up and have a pop myself once the new kit is fitted and mapped.

goldenvtr

Member +
i really want to get 12's on street tyres just to proove it to myself lol, going to order a new clutch on Friday but ill have to make do at shakespear next weekend and see how it goes there. theres so much more wheel spin between gears on the 5e so i know its got that little extra power to make the 12.99 lol

Si_Glanza

Member +
Golden Grrrrr! We need to get these 12's Dude!

Next Weekend Bank Holiday WE WILL be posting a 12's Quatermile Run from a GT ;)

goldenvtr

Member +
Golden Grrrrr! We need to get these 12's Dude!

Next Weekend Bank Holiday WE WILL be posting a 12's Quatermile Run from a GT ;)

tell me about it lol, ill be tring to get them on the road tyres to start with but rest assured i will be using my slicks :p i might even stick 2 space savers on the rear for less drag lol!

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Everytime I see another thread about you being back at the strip I expect it to be a 12sec run!

You'll get there though mate, is it the orc thats started sliping?

Last edited:

goldenvtr

Member +
Everytime I see one a thread about you being abck atthe strip I expect it to be a 12sec run!

You'll get there though mate, is it the orc thats started sliping?

lol, unfortunatly its not an ORC as its not compatable with the 5e crank :( sold that a while ago now, Im using a CAP paddle clutch rated at 250 Ibft, and i have 241 Ibft lol it was cheap though got it from rikko ages ago

WallaceGlanza

Member +
lol, unfortunatly its not an ORC as its not compatable with the 5e crank :( sold that a while ago now, Im using a CAP paddle clutch rated at 250 Ibft, and i have 241 Ibft lol it was cheap though got it from rikko ages ago

Ahhh, I wouldn't of been too impressed if the orcwas already slipping!

Good luck when you're back atthe strip next.;)

Gee

Member +

CAP do an EXTREME clutch aswell I think. Should handle the power.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.

that's the only thing i didnt wanna read:( i just collected my cap clutch today lol

anyway im not runnning 240's

goldenvtr

Member +
Ahhh, I wouldn't of been too impressed if the orcwas already slipping!

Good luck when you're back atthe strip next.;)

im sure the orc can take a massive amount of abuse it had a very good bite to it.

CAP do an EXTREME clutch aswell I think. Should handle the power.
will look into it more after the weekend, looks like they do one sutable for 300ibft but i might see if i can find another for higher amount just in case
im sure it will come mate hopefully at shakespear next weekend!

Anyone ever tried any 2nd gear launches?

i did back on the 4e but it jsut bogged down, only tried the once but i think that a little spin in 1st gear would be better than a 2ns gear launch

Gee

Member +
Hmm, I think you really need to ride 2nd gear out so it does not bog down. I think the spin it creates shows high rev's on the counter, but its false.

BTW, that clutch is not by CAP, its another company...can't remember the name. Speedvision does them..

Oh and some Aus guys that run 11/12 sec QTR's have used 2nd gear launches.

sx_turbo

Lifer
that's the only thing i didnt wanna read:( i just collected my cap clutch today lol

anyway im not runnning 240's

well to be fair its not to bad.

as your not meant to run the clutch that close to it's maximum.

and as gee said CAP do a range of clutches for higher power.