which FMIC

Blak_Mamber

Member +
I am using the Japspeed FMIC mate i got from Dave B. I still retained the stock air filter & A/C & standard Rad.. (even know i have now removed that lot lol)

I have had no problems with this kit what so ever.

Big_Daddy

Member +
Cant seem to find any pic of it in his store. Do you have any pics fitted? Do the piping stick out from underneath? what router do piping go ?

GTnomez

Member +
the autobhan one. its similar if not the same as the japspeed one but again it retains a/c so you will be fine.

i think they all do anyway;

wepr
autobahn
blitz
HDi
japspeed

etc

Big_Daddy

Member +
Like the HDI, boostup had one fitted, looks realy nice. One of the piping for it is rubbing hard on P/S fluid line though!

Which one would say has smallest core?

GTnomez

Member +
they all have big cores!!!! unless you manke you own custm one with an evo one but thats too much hassle

a majority of them do the long pipe work but ive customed mine so it goes by the power steering pump aswell with a samco hose.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Cant seem to find any pic of it in his store. Do you have any pics fitted? Do the piping stick out from underneath? what router do piping go ?

Yeah there dosent seem to be any pics on any sites :confused:

I have some pics fitted somewhere, but im at work and will have to post up when at home mate.

The piping sticks out a fraction at the bottom & then tucks under, but can cover with a splitter if you dont like.

cameroon95

Member +
Was thinking that, good for big turbo's but for my spec im be running jus under a bar so i just cant stand the lag.:)

Apparently there is hardly any lag on the hdi intercoolers.

I just received mine the other week, fitting it before the end of the month so i'll find out:)

You really can't arque with the price either, fuck paying 700 quid for a blitz one!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
I found there is no lag at all with my FMIC, no different to the top mounted one (lag wise) but noticed a stronger pull when fitting it.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
HDI all the way matey sold tonnes of these and every customer is happy with them they truely are great kits.

I will be updating once the new cores are released they will be smaller in width :) Will be a little while yet though, but the kits as they are are briliant i own one and cannot fault performance.

Matchew

Member +
I have an autobahn one and its 100% fine
I found it created abit of lag but nothing major.
Spoken to a few people and they found the hdi ones created lag, and you'll have to butcher your bumper to get it to fit.
Looks a nice piece of kit would be awesome if it was smaller

Dane_Bristol

Member +
You dont have to butcher your bumper its all down to the person installing it. Some go overboard on the cutting, i know lots who have fitted with absolute minimal cutting myself included !. :)

Matchew

Member +
You dont have to butcher your bumper its all down to the person installing it. Some go overboard on the cutting, i know lots who have fitted with absolute minimal cutting myself included !. :)

Fair does must just of seen peops abit trigger happy with electric saw then

Big_Daddy

Member +

is that stock GT bumpers? my m8 did do abit of cutting to his toms but cant realy tell..

sx_turbo

Lifer
i'm not dissing the hdi cooler,

but

if your keeping air con, then you do have to cut a lot of the bumper out, virtually all the bumber needs to be cut, the reason is the thickness of the core, and with air con because of the fan that sits in between the bumper and radiator, you cant move the cooler back far enough.

without a/c you dont have to lose loads of the bumper, as you can push the cooler back further.

this is just from my experiance.

so imo

if you have

gt - autobahn or japspeed
glanza - hdi

lingl9z

Member +
I still have ac in my car (will be ripped out soon though) did have to take the fan off to get the cooler back but pretty much no cutting was needed with the HDI fmic despite the size, if you want to keep ac get a smaller sized fan and its not a problem! heres a pic.

2-1.jpg