Why so hard to sell?

Why is it so hard to sell starlets or is it just because mine is an auto? Any tips on selling an auto turbo and what sort of price should i be asking for? Its a 92 plate, good condition and white in colour? Cheers.

sx_turbo

Lifer
not many young people like driving autos, and autos dont give as great a driving experiance as manuals.

the price for yours should be a minimum of £1500, it is 92 and is an auto,

why did you buy an auto?

Dave.

Member +
i loved my auto :) was like a big go kart :D

sold it for £1850 in the end though mate, its rubbish, no one gives them a real chance :(

thomllee1981

Member +
hay i must be crazy i bought an auto end of august!
but im used to them and i love mine! to lagg in gear changing! haha

but to be honest its because younger people think its crap having an auto coz they cant be chavs and wheel spin them!

the harsh but honest truth!

1500-2000 is bout all you will as said above
unsure why though

not many young people like driving autos, and autos dont give as great a driving experiance as manuals.

the price for yours should be a minimum of £1500, it is 92 and is an auto,

why did you buy an auto?

Well i bought 2 autos, at a very fair price, sold one to my little bro and have to sell mine now just to make room in my workshop.

hay i must be crazy i bought an auto end of august!
but im used to them and i love mine! to lagg in gear changing! haha

but to be honest its because younger people think its crap having an auto coz they cant be chavs and wheel spin them!

the harsh but honest truth!

1500-2000 is bout all you will as said above
unsure why though

I would be more than happy to sell for that money, just cant seem to get any interest

Adam_Glanza

Member +
itll take a little while as already stated no 1 really wants autos all manuals..

if you really wanted you could convert it to manual and it wud sell better..

but it wud probably put you more out of pocket

Jay

Admin
Must be a UK mainland thing - I sold my last auto for £3500.

It was actually headhunted as the guy was so small he could only drive automatics, heard tell of a quick auto in NI and the testdrive blew him away. Was sad to sell it but when you get a good price, you usually take the money and move on.

I advise you advertise in Midgets Weekly and other 'little people' literature...;)

I notice a LOT of fresh stuff from Japan is automatic. That's a sign they are running out of manuals so I'd better get a few gearboxes bought in preperation.

dac69er

Super Moderator
funny you say that. a bloke at work whom we call 'wee man' has an auto. it is a big old audi estate though.

Timmy

Member +
I think the reason people don't pay alot for auto's has something to do with the fact. Auto's are shit.

Jay

Admin
And that's why I LOVE the autobox. So under rated.

Come to the darkside....we have cookies.:p

Kelly

Member +
I think the reason people don't pay alot for auto's has something to do with the fact. Auto's are shit.

watch your mouth!!! :p

i love ppl like you coz off the line you have no chance against me and for a few good moments you would be thinking WTF! :D

Yeh auto's arent everyone's cup of tea, i never even considered an auto car before but the gt was low mileage, standard, and absolutly mint condition, now its one of the best lookin cars in my area. and its in a rare standard ep82 colour.

shame they dont sell so well but means that usually only ppl who care for the ep82 get them! and for town driving its ace.