400 bhp for sale soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

HYBRID GRANT

Member +
400 bhp in the making. gauging interest.

rite ive got to sell up at japshow ive got to put my gearbox back on this week and get it mapped before japshow come run a sick time and then thats it its for sale. how much do you think i should put it up for to be fair? spec list is as follows

engine:ross forged pistons,pauter forged rods, zep 2mm multilayer head gasket. 100 shot of nitrous oxide. oil catch can. cerametallic paddle clutch exedy. speedo converter to delimit and change the speedo to miles.

gearbox: trd quickshift linkage set, quaiffe atb differential and freshly rebuilt fully this week.

turbo:TD05 hybrid with a ball bearing conversion shoud easily see over 300bhp will be prooven when mapped soon.

suspension: rsr springs lower at front than rear.

brakes: 10 groove 3g discs with mintex extreeme pads

electronic: aem electronic boost controller. turbo timer. toad alarm. magnecor leads

fueling and cooling: walbro fuel pump. sard fuel pressure regulator turbosmart fuel cut defencer, blitz copy front mount intercooler, 550cc injectors to go in when mapped baileys dump valve

interior:trd bucket seat on driver side with sparco 3 point harness, racing steering wheel and pedals. tinted windows all round black

wheels: light weight 14 inch wheels black with orange rim.

exhaust: side exit exhaust out the passanger side just in front of the wheel. straight off the decat out the bumper...

ok so thats all i can think of for now sure ive missed bits but anyways what sort of money should i hope to fetch for this?

im lookin at this a bit like this if i broke it to sell it i could get as a very rough guide
1500 for the engine 1000 for the gearbox n linkage set 1500 for the turbo and kit 500 for the fueling and cooling mods plus suspension brakes and interior and electronics and also the car as standard bout 2000 i see it as at least 7000 to brake it and sell it am i completely wrong or what? obviously i spent thousands more than that getting all the work done so what price should i look at getting for it?

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
you will get oh so much more breaking it,

to sell it you should prob put it up for 6.5k, but be prepared for it to take some time to sell

clelland

Fresh Recruit
speaking from experience of owning and selling modified cars you will always make more by selling the car standard then selling the mods

HYBRID GRANT

Member +
wont be for some time yet most likely ill try sell it for 7 at japshow... a good time should convince a few people when they see it run i hope... thanks for your help and if i do break you wil see it up here with pics etc..

sx_turbo

Lifer
wont be for some time yet most likely ill try sell it for 7 at japshow... a good time should convince a few people when they see it run i hope... thanks for your help and if i do break you wil see it up here with pics etc..

it's ok im in no rush :)

let me know though fella, i want first dibs on the engine IF you did decide to break it

tucka

Member +

im lookin forward to seein this run at japshow!! get some good times will def help your sale.

Elaine

Lifer
Wow that’s some spec list!! Good luck with the sale…. Can you get some pics up so I know what to look out for a Japshow please….?

I will be sure to get some footage try and help you out with the sale :D

GT_Neil

Member +
i agree with above, selling it will cost you big time compared to breaking it...

will be hard to find a buyer for something like that aswell mate :(

Dan3SGTE

Member +
personally mate i would change the title of 400bhp GT as it may very well get no where near that, obviously until you have graphs etc then by all means :) But that is a huge number to qoute especially on a 1.3.....

and another thing, i cant see 6.5K either, just my opinion again but i recon at most a shade over 5K, would have to see condition of car though to be honest...

Besides that, it has a nice spec, and good luck with it.

alan_d

Lifer
I put my forged show starbo up for sale two years ago at 5k and saw no interest. The fact that only the shell remains speaks volumes for breaking!

HYBRID GRANT

Member +
300bhp plus a 100 shot of nos or to be honest enough nos to make 400 so its not a maybe its a definitely mite end up brakin it not sure yet... you will see at japshow.. will have graphs to proove all of it.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
nah thats fair enough, but just to split hairs the car hasnt got 400hp in that case, its a 300HP motor with NOS(If you wanted)... Its like getting a stock starlet wacking forged engine on it, stock turbo(130hp) but 100 shot of NOS, you cant call it a 230HP starlet lol.

But hay im just being picky, dont mind me.

Looking forward to seeing it at the pod.

HYBRID GRANT

Member +
be as picky as you like m8 my graph will read 400 bhp or over the turbo will produce over 300.... dave burwash had a standard tdo5 just slightly ported on his and it made 320 hp what u think 700 pounds hybrid more will do? also with the ball bearing conversion you do the math then you got the nos to make 400 at least, ive been buildin this since i was 18 i know what it will do

alan_d

Lifer
dave burwash had a standard tdo5 just slightly ported on his and it made 320 hp what u think 700 pounds hybrid more will do? also with the ball bearing conversion you do the math

staying out of an arguement, but merely conversing, its no guarantee as to power figure, and dont forget, power is what wins pub arguements, torque wins races...

£700 may bring you faster spool, not necessarily more top end, there are a whole lot of unknowns, yourself and anyone else on here would need to know a lot more about the engine such as comp, cam durations, ingnition curves, compressor maps etc, and thats before the mapping...
its all in the tune, I could have mapped my car and netted about erm... 5bhp, whereas I entrust Chris and get an excellent tune...

Im not taking sides, but I think 3sgte was offering sound advice when he said hold tight to your power figure till you have it on paper, its the old adage of putting your eggs in the one basket.

anyhow good luck matey!

HYBRID GRANT

Member +
staying out of an arguement, but merely conversing, its no guarantee as to power figure, and dont forget, power is what wins pub arguements, torque wins races...

£700 may bring you faster spool, not necessarily more top end, there are a whole lot of unknowns, yourself and anyone else on here would need to know a lot more about the engine such as comp, cam durations, ingnition curves, compressor maps etc, and thats before the mapping...
its all in the tune, I could have mapped my car and netted about erm... 5bhp, whereas I entrust Chris and get an excellent tune...

Im not taking sides, but I think 3sgte was offering sound advice when he said hold tight to your power figure till you have it on paper, its the old adage of putting your eggs in the one basket.

anyhow good luck matey!

no argument thats fair enough... but im no amateur to starlets and ill have it mapped properly to suit my mods ill say more about it when ive got it mapped, im putting my gearbox back on tomorrow so will be mappin it soon will let you all know more when the figures are in.

alan_d

Lifer
Bullshit, my diesel has bags of torque and is slow as hell, the only good thing is that it was towing a volvo yesterday and if was still as fast as unladen lol.

I AM right lol, it wins tractor pulls, caravan racing, truck racing..... lmfao anyone else got any more obscure torque orientated races they care to mention lol

Status
Not open for further replies.