4EFE Intake Diameter

Jaak

Member +
Hi,

Does anybody know what the diameter is for the air intake system on a 4efe engine?

I want to relocate the air filter, but dont know which size silicone pipe to buy.

Thanks for any info.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
The outer diameter of the turbo inlet is 40mm.

So i would go for a 41mm samco if you have the turbo off the car as it will be easier to get on, or a 45mm if its still on the car, which you will be able to slip on & tighten with a jubilee clip nicely.

Hope this helps.

Lewis

Jaak

Member +
Cheers Lewis, but the 4efe has no turbo, the manifold doesnt look the same as the 4efte. Cheers anyways:)

Jaak

Member +
273ddebd.jpg

This is the manifold. The pipey one.

Idrees

Banned
I can't remember mine, I did know it but really can't remember.

Whip the pipe off and get a ruler on it. :)

Jaak

Member +
Thanks anyways guys. When buying pipes, does the diameter of the pipe e.g. 55mm; does it show the inside diameter, or outside.

For instance, if the inside diameter of the intake measures 50mm, should I buy a 50mm pipe, or 52mm?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Thanks anyways guys. When buying pipes, does the diameter of the pipe e.g. 55mm; does it show the inside diameter, or outside.

For instance, if the inside diameter of the intake measures 50mm, should I buy a 50mm pipe, or 52mm?

If its a 50mm you need to go a couple of mm over, just so it goes on easier, as it will be sealed nicely with a jubilee clip. You will find it harder to get on if its the same size. Would go on with a bit of effort. May as well go few mm over, wont hurt.

It should say when you buy the hose if the measurement is I/D or O/D.

Jaak

Member +
Thanks for the help guys! I will update this thread once i get the figures, to help others out:)

D3N0

Member +
273ddebd.jpg

This is the manifold. The pipey one.

Is that the standard ignition for the glanza s, how comes it doesnt have a dizzy? or is that a mod of some kind... havent seen that before, not even on the glanza s at the warehouse.

Mike D EP82

Member +
probab;y a late model as it looks stock and who would go through the trouble to do it on an engine that will make no noticable difference

weeJohn

Lifer
If its a 50mm you need to go a couple of mm over, just so it goes on easier, as it will be sealed nicely with a jubilee clip. You will find it harder to get on if its the same size. Would go on with a bit of effort. May as well go few mm over, wont hurt.

It should say when you buy the hose if the measurement is I/D or O/D.

Not the way I would do it.

If you do remove the pipe on the throttle body and measure the diameter of it with a ruler, it is the outside diameter of the throttle body you are after.

Also bear in mind that the "bump" on the end of the inlet, there to help get the necessary tight fit needed and to stop the hose coming off, makes the outside diameter of the inlet slightly larger. So I would remove a 2MM from the overall measurement to get a closer size.

Either that or measure the inside diameter of the hose that was took off. Be careful not to squeeze the hose out of round but.

When buying silicon hose/bends, the size listed is nearly always the inside diameter of the hose, you want this to match the inlet size.

Jaak

Member +
Is that the standard ignition for the glanza s, how comes it doesnt have a dizzy? or is that a mod of some kind... havent seen that before, not even on the glanza s at the warehouse.

Its all standard there.

Last edited:

Jaak

Member +
the intake on the 4efte is 60mm-od if thats any help. i dunno if they are the same size:freddy:

Not the way I would do it.

If you do remove the pipe on the throttle body and measure the diameter of it with a ruler, it is the outside diameter of the throttle body you are after.

Also bear in mind that the "bump" on the end of the inlet, there to help get the necessary tight fit needed and to stop the hose coming off, makes the outside diameter of the inlet slightly larger. So I would remove a 2MM from the overall measurement to get a closer size.

Either that or measure the inside diameter of the hose that was took off. Be careful not to squeeze the hose out of round but.

When buying silicon hose/bends, the size listed is nearly always the inside diameter of the hose, you want this to match the inlet size.

Cheers:rockon: Legends.